1) Tech N9ne (Amazing lyricist, incredible flow and delivery. The only thing he lacks is content, a lot of his subjects get repetitive. His versatility is also a strong suit, he can flow great on any type of beat or song.)
2) Kutt Calhoun (Kutty’s always been my #2 on Strange. He has the ability to make those deep emotional tracks, he’s got a great flow, lyricism, and his beat selection is always top notch)
3) Brotha Lynch (Good flow, good lyricism, and the way he speaks on real life emotional issues that he’s going through by using the persona of a serial killer is both entertaining and impressive)
4) Jay Rock (He’s got that classic West Coast gangsta rap sound. Plus he has content. And thats a good combination. His rhyme schemes aren’t always that impressive, but overall, he’s a great artist)
5) Ces Cru (Great lyricists, amazing chemistry. They seemed to lack content on 13 in comparison to The Playground, and the beats didn’t suit them as well either.)
6) Rittz (He’s this high on this list for basically just one song. And that’s Sleep at Night. That songs amazing. He’s difficult to understand when he’s chopping, but his lyricism is good. Also, his contribution to Growin Up In The Gutter >>>
7) Krizz Kaliko (Pretty good lyricist, amazing singer, but his beat selection is questionable and his latest albums have strayed too far from rap for me to really enjoy them)
8) Stevie Stone (His beat selection is great, he makes tracks that can get you hyped and are great for workout, but his lyricism is average compared to the rest of the Strange team, and he’s difficult to understand at time due to too much gruff in his voice)
9) Mayday (everyone rates them so high. They have some really dope tracks, but in general, I find them boring and repetitive)
10) Big Scoob (I like Big Scoob, but everyone on Strange is sick, so someone has to be lower on the list)
11) Prozak (The one person on Strange that I just don’t enjoy their music)
!. Tech N9ne – Most versatile rapper maybe ever. Also most improved rapper i’ve ever heard. He’s always been dope but from The Worst to Now he’s thrown in so many different techniques and tricks that no1 is fucking with him.
2. Brotha Lynch – Maybe the most legendary and most forgot about rapper. Nobody i’ve ever heard has as catchy of lyrics.I’ve walked around quoating lyrics in my head more than any rapper. (hope his new album can bring him to par with where he use to be to the new generation)
3. Rittz – Rookie of the year! He killed everything he’s featured with Yelawolf and is the only rapper i’ve heard this year with maybe the exception of Twista who can keep my interset as much as Tech on a track.
4. Krizz Kaliko – I admidt I always thought he was overated and got more love than Kutt when he wasn’t as dope 2 me. But his last album really proved how versatile he is with singin and being a way above average rapper, Genius.
4. Ces Cru – with the Melodic r&b fused in with new day style of rap these guys really bring together the old and the new to me. Real Fresh sound and they def keep my interest.
5. Mayday – I did not like TMTYL no matter how many times I tried to go back to it. But than I gave Thrift Store Halos a try and it was perfect Summer music. Reminded me alot of the good old Sublime for some reason. Great music and Wrek is a filthy rapper.
6. Kutt – I like the Gangsta ass tracks he does. The Flamez mixtape was filthy. But he’s not getting enough exposure and I didn’t really like his last album tbh it was just to mainstream sounding for his kind of forte imo
7. Jay Rock – NC
8. Stevie Stone – NC
9. Big Scoob – He’s cool. I bought the last album and enjoy the Gshit he does..nothing spectacular to me but a good listen from time2time.
10. Prozak – I just cant get into his voice. That ICP soundin shit is not vibin with me. He was soppose to have a track with Twista called Twilight Zone. You can hear it on Ytube, it sounded filthy!! Shoulda been on his album.