Thread: I think Tech is the best rapper however..

I think Tech is the best rapper however..

I don't think that ANY rapper has yet to truly try and perfect the art of rapping because it seems that todays current most elite rappers are still just all about a rhyme scheme except that they add a more morbid attention to detail in there lyrics...

What do you guys think?

Well rapping is a rhythmic delivery over a beat, haha. What else do you expect. I do think many rappers could expand on subject matter. I like that Tech incorporates stuff that he's reads from book into lyrics.

Perfection isnt real..but tech music is pure poetry
    and as he said-the kids with the sickness been waitin fa this shit..tech can paint a fresh pic

OP might say rap is based on rhyme, and that the lyrics are created by the decision of what the target audience is.

jerm probably does think rapping is a rhythmic delivery over one loud ass beet ouch. True also on the expansion of subject matter,he also respects that tech has enough intelligence to read a book. He assumes that most of the lyrics are of the rappers own lives, or perhaps the people they are close to. Great respect is shown for the independence of one owns mind and character, not following the main stream. "Tech made that whole paragraph rhyme to one word, that is some shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Well rapping is a rhythmic delivery over a beat, haha. What else do you expect. I do think many rappers could expand on subject matter. I like that Tech incorporates stuff that he's reads from book into lyrics.

also incorporating techno, rock, and rap is the reason he likes 9

Quote Originally Posted by laurie castro
    OP might say rap is based on rhyme, and that the lyrics are created by the decision of what the target audience is.

I'm not sure if you are hearing me right. Perhaps I did not elaborate enough. Yes, rapping uses poetic devices such as alliteration, assonance, similes, metaphors, maculate rhymes, feminine rhymes, hypoboles, etc... I love rap. With skill, great showmanship and subject matter, there is a great rapper. I simply was stating that rap is rap and OP-8 makes it sound like rappers have not been able to successfully rap yet. Rapping is a rhythmic delivery. When you rap, it is percussion dependent as oppose to singing which is more tonality based. Maybe someone could give a perfessional definition of singing. My point is, rapping is a rhythmic delivery over a beat. This is why remixes are so successful with rap. The melody of the instrumental doesn't clash with the vocals.

jerm probably does think rapping is a rhythmic delivery over one loud ass beet ouch. True also on the expansion of subject matter,he also respects that tech has enough intelligence to read a book. He assumes that most of the lyrics are of the rappers own lives, or perhaps the people they are close to. Great respect is shown for the independence of one owns mind and character, not following the main stream. "Tech made that whole paragraph rhyme to one word, that is some shit"

Tech can write a verse and take the sun away

True but to clear what I've said up, what I meant was that no rappers really try to perfect the whole entire art truly.. I mean I know that Tech comes the closest but he does't seem to be completely saying things just as he truly feels it when alone at home thinking to himself and also needs to be more completely consistant. I mean sure its all because he raps about whats currently going on in his life and what hes currently feeling..

But I don't think that he tries to rap hard on any sort of for real deep type subjects since he doesn't like to talk about things he says he isn't sure he really knows. But however those topics are the ones that are more on what it is we need to hear. Look at Nas or KRS-One for example (all possible KRS-One BS aside) I think they focus more on real real subjects.

Because although Tech comes the closest to trying to perfect rap as far as for now until anyone else some how comes around much later that.. Well he just allowes a little too much mainstreamish and little personal life things go into his rap, or what now seems like him going on and on about his mom in every serious verse as if rap is only about talking about yourself and the real things you do, however I don't see that as the 100% correct direction of real rap.

I see real rap talking on any subject and not being afraid to put it on blast and going on a little more about situations and events rather than just talking about yourself and what you did one month.year or one crazy day. And sure I know that Tech isn't that kind of rapper and that is perfectly fine indeed. But that still doesn't mean that there wouldn't be even more depth by speaking on all subjects in rap..

I know thats why a lot of people like immortal technique but however I think a lot of times he falls flat and only has a few good songs while the rest are stupid..

But yeah again thats all I really meant just to clear it up and all..

I'm not sure if you are hearing me right. Perhaps I did not elaborate enough. Yes, rapping uses poetic devices such as alliteration, assonance, similes, metaphors, maculate rhymes, feminine rhymes, hypoboles, etc... I love rap. With skill, great showmanship and subject matter, there is a great rapper. I simply was stating that rap is rap and OP-8 makes it sound like rappers have not been able to successfully rap yet. Rapping is a rhythmic delivery. When you rap, it is percussion dependent as oppose to singing which is more tonality based. Maybe someone could give a perfessional definition of singing. My point is, rapping is a rhythmic delivery over a beat. This is why remixes are so successful with rap. The melody of the instrumental doesn't clash with the vocals.

you cant beat tecca nina, no howevers, he is rap!!!