Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech N9ne doing a "7".

Tech N9ne doing a "7".

WARNING: Opinion Below. May cause rashes, irritation, urge to type incoherent grade school sentences (if even), prompt the words "dick rider" or "hater", may attract Pongo or Pimp Limp, may induce period.

I don't remember which interview I saw it in, but it was a recent one where Tech said that he performed in front of very small crowds (7 people, back in the day). He came back and the crowd doubled, and tripled. Before he knew it, he was selling out shows. He was spreading his name and it clearly paid off.

That being said, the vast majority of his touring takes place in the United States, where he is already well known. Doesn't anyone find that this is reeking with redundancy? Sure, it gets him revenue, but seldom gets him new fans. If he sells out small venues everytime, I guarantee it's the same people coming again and again, tour after tour. The people going are already fans.

In countless interviews, he professes "you gotta get out there and politic". Well, let me ask you: when was the last time you saw a politician (striving to be known on a global scale) campaigning over and over in the same places? It's not a smart use of your time or energy if your quest is to get your music out to the rest of the world. It's like putting up posters of yourself all over the city, coming back the next day and putting them up again in the same place instead of another city.

At this rate, if 8 or 9 tours out of 10 end up in the US, he might never get his music to the rest of the world. I understand that it's comfortable to tour the same cities over and over again, getting money. But that is in direct conflict with getting your name out there, on a global scale.

In that same interview he said he would still do a 7 person show, I would like to see that. Sure, he might not get as much money touring (hell, he might even lose some), but in the long term this would mean a more extensive fan base.

I'm seeing people here that are on their 8th show, but a lot of fans out there have not even seen a Strange Music show because they stay in the US most of the time. In my opinion, that is an uneven distribution of touring.

Which is it Tech? Hip-Hop President or U.S. Tour Master?

he just got back from doing shows over seas

So he's toured in Australia before, Europe, Alaska (not part of the continental states), and Canada.

Oh, I know. My post was referring to the general touring trend that he has. How many times has he toured in the US compared to Canada or overseas? He might tour the US 6 times and go overseas once, tour the US another 4 times and go to Canada once. You know what I mean?

Even if he only tours the US, it's fine. But my point is you don't see him hitting up venues to perform in front of 2 or 7 people, like he said he would still do.

Quote Originally Posted by juggalo_mo23
    he just got back from doing shows over seas

I look at it like political fundraising they have to raise money in order to keep campaigning.

You have a good point! I'm just wondering when they're going to break out their campaigning stash and try to reach out for more fans...I know it's easier said than done, but it has to be done if his quest is a global one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEstrada0908
    I look at it like political fundraising they have to raise money in order to keep campaigning.

in the U.S. im sure its alot easier to tour here where they can understand him and he wouldnt need a translator.

So why did he go to Germany, to France? I'm not asking him to go to Peru or Vietnam...He has a lot of fans in Canada, yet he's only been there a couple of times. Notice I'm not saying he's failing to release his CDs across the world, I'm talking about his stage show. Even though the language is not universal, showmanship and energy are.

Quote Originally Posted by daimon
    in the U.S. im sure its alot easier to tour here where they can understand him and he wouldnt need a translator.

Dude im soooo high right now

<p ="text-align: left;">

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp Limp
    Dude im soooo high right now