Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There is no God

There is no God

and the sooner everyone comes to terms with it, the sooner we are able to move forward. We will be able to educate our children without religion barricading the amount of knowledge a new generation of people can possess. Religious texts are filled with one-dimensional ideas and they expect followers to be obedient and nothing more. Obedience is all that religions profess, and if you are disobedient, you are damned. If life is a so-called "test" of one's faith, then how is it fair if all tests are unequal? Obviously, all tests of faith are unequal, because Jane Doe could have been born to atheist parents, and in turn, making Jane a newborn atheist, while Bill was born to two evangelical parents who worshiped God everyday, making Bill an automatic saint. These two scenarios are completely different in every way imaginable, and it would be silly for a "God" to test someone's faith in such a way. Also, the Bible does not give a particular age for the Earth. However, most Christian scholars believe the Earth to be around 8,000 years old. If anyone has ever opened a science book in their life, you would know the Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old based on radiometric dating of some of the oldest rocks on the planet. The sad thing is is that religion still attacks science, despite of how advanced and concrete it tends to be. Another sad thing is that it is impossible to disprove that a god exists, because the theory of a god runs on an unfalsifiable hypothesis, meaning I can't falsify it no matter how hard I try, because supposedly, God is an ethereal, invisible, and untouchable being. How am I supposed to prove such a thing doesn't exist? It is the equivalent to me saying that I have an invisible, ethereal, and untouchable baby dinosaur with me at all times. No one can disprove that. My opinion is that religion was an old-fashioned form of law to keep everyone in order to achieve happiness in the "afterlife" which no one really knows anything about.

Everything he said.

As right as you are, the human race will sadly never break away from religion. They can't live thinking that we're just another species, we HAVE to be special. That's the problem with religion, it's cocky and arrogant and it provides "comfort" for these people who can't handle life.

correct.
    I'm down with anyone who is religous as long as they follow some bounds of reason, but u don't need that in your life. i don't see any point in it AT ALL.
    Course i'm still open minded to the existence of God. Maybe that's how i feel because you can't disprove it lol

Ur an idiot there is a God you will realize that the day u end up in hell

Agree! That's another thing that pisses me off. Yes we are the most superior beings on the planet. We're the most advanced, most intelligent, blah blah blah, but it doesn't make us divine in any fucking way. Through the process of mate selection, mutation, and natural selection (AKA evolution), we are brought to be what we are today. It's pretty clear to see, but religious people refuse to see it. They would rather lay their hands on a text written over 2000 years ago by people who were fucking Neanderthals (okay, they weren't Neanderthals, but they were pretty fucking stupid compared to people now).

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan Hewlett
    As right as you are, the human race will sadly never break away from religion. They can't live thinking that we're just another species, we HAVE to be special. That's the problem with religion, it's cocky and arrogant and it provides "comfort" for these people who can't handle life.

lol interesting view quemical

Aliens coming to Earth and altering Ancient man's DNA is a lot more Believable than 2 giant hands coming down from the clouds and making man. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by GawgyG
    lol interesting view quemical

i dunno about most of what Ice said. BUT point #9 is the correct answer. WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU BELIEVE. Fuck off and move on. simple as that. it pisses me off when people freak out about people they don't know get married coz their gay, or are outraged because a couple of Muslims spoke out against some Jews. Grow up.

but i want to say that religion IS law in some places in the world. Sharia Law is enforced in some countries, and we have morons here that don't believe in separation of church and state. Not to mention they use their religous views as excuses for their policies. Of course that doesn't mean that our laws are religous in nature, but religion does have influence in people's decisions in law