Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Strange Music sign an east coast artist?

Should Strange Music sign an east coast artist?

i just saw a video on youtube where tech,krizz and travis are talking with saigon. if you don't know who saigon is, he is a rapper from the east coast and there have been threads about who strange should sing next or you want to see strange sign. like a lot of people here i like hopsin,stevie stone and irv the phenom among other artists. however, seeing how they signed lynch,cognito and jay rock who are all from the west coast and the rest of the artists are from KC do you guys think they should sing someone like saigon who is sick(i've been listening to his shit since i saw him on entourage) so they have artists from the west,midwest and east. before anyone overreacts i know whoever strange signs next it should be based on talent not where they are from and tech is already starting to tour all over the country so it's not like the east coast hasn't heard of tech n9ne or anything. so to wrap it up i wanna know what you guys think. should saigon be the next person signed to strange music to spread strange even more?if you haven't heard of saigon here's one of his best songs.

link for the interview? i wanna see that shit

they had ill bill signed for while but idk what happened with that, also the reason there is a bunch of West Coast rappers on Strange is because they have a Strange Music West Coast division, I think David Weiner is the dude in charge of the west coast shit don't quote me on that, I remember reading something when they first signed Lynch saying thats what they was doing. I don't see them signing anybody from the East for a while...not untill the West coast shit pops off more

the Ill Bill deal fell through. Ill ended up going with anoter label to release Hour Of Reprisal

Quote Originally Posted by Travis iiams
    they had ill bill signed for while but idk what happened with that, also the reason there is a bunch of West Coast rappers on Strange is because they have a Strange Music West Coast division, I think David Weiner is the dude in charge of the west coast shit don't quote me on that, I remember reading something when they first signed Lynch saying thats what they was doing. I don't see them signing anybody from the East for a while...not untill the West coast shit pops off more

the main problem is this.. east coast niggas got no love for the midwest.. i was born and raised in kcmo and i live like an hour or so outside of n.y.c. nobody up here fucks wit the midwest.. barely even the west.. how u gonna sign an east coast cat when they dont like what u got to say.. but if they did sign anybody from the east it should be R,A, THE RUGGED MAN. but they gotta sign sign ron ron.. but i love saigons the letter p. and hella other shit hes done. my second favorite east coast dude

this is part one. to look at part two, in the youtube search bar just type in tech n9ne saigon and it will show up

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler
    link for the interview? i wanna see that shit

oh i didn't know that. i think congnito and jay rock will be the ones to make it pop though. no disrespect to brotha lynch i'm a big fan but i just don't think everybody will or can feel his shit. it's strictly for the strange people i think. if people opened their minds then maybe his shit will spread more.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis iiams

dmx

that would be sick too. i love dmx's delivery

Quote Originally Posted by n8tive bl00d
    dmx

Fuck yes, east coast rips it up too. They have a unique on the east, combined with the strangest. Pow! Magic. Hopsin is ill but he wants to do his own thing. Funk Volume, turn it up! I got to kick it with him before a Tech show. Cool dude. Anyways, hell yeah with the East Coast. (oh yeah, I'm a west coaster)