Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech @ Pops.

Tech @ Pops.

First of all I want to make it clear that I love Tech and all the he stands for. I myself have been to an uncountable amount of shows and have grown close to a lot of people associated with Strange Music. I have been to many venues from Florida to Mid MO and have not been disappointed with any show I have been to. I love the crowds and the fans, I know they are all there for the same reason I am, Tech. Unfortunately I attended Techs independent grind tour this past Sunday evening at POPS Nightclub in Sauget, IL. and can honestly say it was one of the worst things I have ever experienced. Mind you the show was phenomenal (like always) but it was something about the crowd around me. I was on the balcony and have to say I have never been around such rude and inconsiderate people. I'm not sure if its just because the venue is in East St. Louis and that's why it attracted such ignorant and vulgar behavior from individuals, but it really ruined the concert for me. I hope in the future Strange decides to opt towards preforming at the pageant from now on. Regardless I will still attend every Tech Concert I can.

Have you never been to Pops before? I think part of the issue is that the venue itself is way too small and tech brings a large crowd. There's always a high energy at the shows. Mix that with a bunch of drunk juggalos up in the balcony you're bound to get a rude or careless crowd. I'm used to the crowd there i guess, but I agree, the shows at the pagent I've been too were waaaaaay more chill and relaxed and the crowd wasn't so rude.

BUT...realy, I IDGAF cuz this is a hip hop show not tom petty or some easy listening band. Expect a bunch of drunk idiots being "Rude" Remember, Pops is in a shit ass part of Illinois/Missouri surrounded by violence, drugs and strip clubs, so I would say it comes with the territory. I would recommend if you ever go to pops again, show up with a thicker skin or don't show up at all.

Yes, I have been to pops before. Like I said I have been to many venues but I guess this time the vibe just rubbed me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by LTB [Twitter@LTB155
    ]Have you never been to Pops before? I think part of the issue is that the venue itself is way too small and tech brings a large crowd. There's always a high energy at the shows. Mix that with a bunch of drunk juggalos up in the balcony you're bound to get a rude or careless crowd. I'm used to the crowd there i guess, but I agree, the shows at the pagent I've been too were waaaaaay more chill and relaxed and the crowd wasn't so rude.

BUT...realy, I IDGAF cuz this is a hip hop show not tom petty or some easy listening band. Expect a bunch of drunk idiots being "Rude" Remember, Pops is in a shit ass part of Illinois/Missouri surrounded by violence, drugs and strip clubs, so I would say it comes with the territory. I would recommend if you ever go to pops again, show up with a thicker skin or don't show up at all.

oh yeah i can feel ya there. Trust me, it can be pretty bad on the floor. Especially towards the front of the barricade cuz ppl are fightin to get front and center and no one is safe for real.

Shit let me rub the you the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Megsab08
    Yes, I have been to pops before. Like I said I have been to many venues but I guess this time the vibe just rubbed me the wrong way.

]Have you never been to Pops before? I think part of the issue is that the venue itself is way too small and tech brings a large crowd. There's always a high energy at the shows. Mix that with a bunch of drunk juggalos up in the balcony you're bound to get a rude or careless crowd. I'm used to the crowd there i guess, but I agree, the shows at the pagent I've been too were waaaaaay more chill and relaxed and the crowd wasn't so rude.

try goin to a metal show and you wont last haha. but yeah some of these venues that techs been going to blow dick. i went to a show out in bum fuck amish country Lancaster PA bc he wasnt playing in philly... i got kicked out bc i was trying to get a glimpse of what was on the stage. there were 2 upper balconys which were both packed out with people, the floor level was 21 or older... doesnt make sense to me. but on the real, we need to promote tech to better venues bc im tired of this bullshit. been to like 4 tech shows and only 2 were completly legit

]oh yeah i can feel ya there. Trust me, it can be pretty bad on the floor. Especially towards the front of the barricade cuz ppl are fightin to get front and center and no one is safe for real.

yeah dude ive been to metal shows, my ex girl friends brother was in a metal band and we'd go to their shows all the time (a few times at pops) and i got stuck in a mosh pit and got fuckin punked haha. these fuckin kids were swinging their arms like fuckin nuts doin some gay ass lokin moshing ive never seen before. from a distance shit looks gay but when ur in the pit that shit is deadly.

But i did see a girl get straight stomped at a tech show at pops. she got knocked down and people were steppin on her fuckin head n shit. me n my buddy turned around and cleared a circle round her knockin fuckers back to help her up. If ppl are into moshin, w/e cool but when people who dont want no part of it are gettin trampled thats just BS and fuckin retarted.

Quote Originally Posted by metal2death
    try goin to a metal show and you wont last haha. but yeah some of these venues that techs been going to blow dick. i went to a show out in bum fuck amish country Lancaster PA bc he wasnt playing in philly... i got kicked out bc i was trying to get a glimpse of what was on the stage. there were 2 upper balconys which were both packed out with people, the floor level was 21 or older... doesnt make sense to me. but on the real, we need to promote tech to better venues bc im tired of this bullshit. been to like 4 tech shows and only 2 were completly legit

]oh yeah i can feel ya there. Trust me, it can be pretty bad on the floor. Especially towards the front of the barricade cuz ppl are fightin to get front and center and no one is safe for real.

this

]yeah dude ive been to metal shows, my ex girl friends brother was in a metal band and we'd go to their shows all the time (a few times at pops) and i got stuck in a mosh pit and got fuckin punked haha. these fuckin kids were swinging their arms like fuckin nuts doin some gay ass lokin moshing ive never seen before. from a distance shit looks gay but when ur in the pit that shit is deadly.

But i did see a girl get straight stomped at a tech show at pops. she got knocked down and people were steppin on her fuckin head n shit. me n my buddy turned around and cleared a circle round her knockin fuckers back to help her up. If ppl are into moshin, w/e cool but when people who dont want no part of it are gettin trampled thats just BS and fuckin retarted.

Quote Originally Posted by metal2death

ur cool dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Diaz
    Shit let me rub the you the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Megsab08

Yea east st louis pulls out the goons