Thread: Sign Liz Suwandi?

Sign Liz Suwandi?

This has probably already been a thread but why hasn't Tech signed Liz Suwandi? She has an amazing voice and she could just get a ton of features from the other Strange artists and it would be so amazing. She can probably rap a little to, lol. I would like to know if there is any reason why Tech hasn't signed her yet and what you think of her being the first lady of Strange?

I agree. Her work throughout Strange has been mint. I was especially drawn in when Devil On My Mind dropped with her melodic chanting. Maybe Strange could do with an R&B artist or a womens perspective considering we missed out on Snow signing. Crystal Watson and herself could be an interesting tag-team? Lol.

Tech, in a recent interview, made mention of new signings in the works that he couldnt discuss yet. I wouldn't be surprised if she was one of them. They already have put her in videos and the fanbase is already amiliar with her. Wouldnt be surprised if they signed that guy Tyler Lion and his band too, Tech has always wanted the label to venture into different genres

I think she is really talented and personally would love to see her signed but if you look at it from a business perspective, what Strange fans would really buy her cd? There has been a previous thread on this topic, and even though it might be only a select fews opinions, only one out of those few said they would buy her album just because they can't relate to her and the fact that a whole cd of singing even if she is really good, they still wouldn't buy it. She did say the other week that she was working with Seven though so who knows if she will be signed.

Last I heard was she was signed but not as an artist. She is signed as a song writer. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard it somewhere.

K heres all the info you need. She has a very small fan following outside of people who are already strange fans so there is one reason she isn't signed. She is partially signed, yes not as an artist, but as like a contracted featured artist she posted on twitter a while back her exact arrangements with strange. Also she will likely always say yes to work on any strange song that an artist asks her to be on so whats the point in wasting a whole bunch of money promoting her albums, mercy, video's and tour when you can pay her for only features and get basically the same result. Her full albums will not make very much, Plus she never even puts out her own music and that is not how strange works. Overall I agree she should be signed so that we get full length albums from her to see her talent but with so many amazing artist not signed yet up Strange's alley (JL, Aqualeo, Snow, Twiztid, Twisted Insane and Nesto) you can't believe Tech will sign her first. End rant.

I agree that the main issue is the fact the fan base is so different from Suwandi's music.

I'd like them to do an album where Seven fully produces a Suwandi project, kind of how Stoupe from Jedi Mind Tricks did some side projects with singers and was released through their label. Kno from CunninLynguists is currently doing the same kind of thing right now, with a project called Build to Fade, all these projects I'm referring to are really dope out of what I've heard from them (I bought one of Stoupe's side projects and happy with the purchase), but admittedly they didn't chart. Still, fuck it would be dope to see that happen

Nesto fell off!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F

K heres all the info you need. She has a very small fan following outside of people who are already strange fans so there is one reason she isn't signed. She is partially signed, yes not as an artist, but as like a contracted featured artist she posted on twitter a while back her exact arrangements with strange. Also she will likely always say yes to work on any strange song that an artist asks her to be on so whats the point in wasting a whole bunch of money promoting her albums, mercy, video's and tour when you can pay her for only features and get basically the same result. Her full albums will not make very much, Plus she never even puts out her own music and that is not how strange works. Overall I agree she should be signed so that we get full length albums from her to see her talent but with so many amazing artist not signed yet up Strange's alley (JL, Aqualeo, Snow, Twiztid, Twisted Insane and Nesto) you can't believe Tech will sign her first. End rant.