Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know my beats are garbage but anyone have suggesions how to make it better??

I know my beats are garbage but anyone have suggesions how to make it better??

I know these are all garbage but what can i do to make this shit sound better. I can't mix anything and i think it all sounds like shit. Any info good or bad would be appreciated. If i should give it up then say so. But fuck Space Ranger.

Well I'm a producer. For one, Its pretty repetitive..Sounds like your using fruity loops sounds..How long have you been making beats? And your sounds and instruments dont go together at all..Just keep at it..Cant be good at it overnight

i really like the beat and the techno thing you have going on the first one. i think you should use a different instrument than the trumpet-like one you used for those chords, something that's more real sounding and resonant. usually it takes away from the effect of a song if all of the instruments sound synthetic. if you're using fruity loops, i would find a doper instrument on Sytrus and mess with the sound until it's good and rich. maybe mess around with envelopes and make it sound all dope. just keep messing with it. make sure the seperate instrument parts are in the same key or it will sound fucked up.

and i'm still trying to open the second one, but i'll give you feedback on it. (:

I agree with Halii, something more real sounding. It's like it should be mixed with something with more bass, and a blast of something low and funky?? I can't get the second one open either. Peace

Yeah its only been like 2 or 3 weeks trying to get used to everything. I know you'r shit is pretty cool but i'm trying to get on that level. Any info would help.

Quote Originally Posted by SHX
    Well I'm a producer. For one, Its pretty repetitive..Sounds like your using fruity loops sounds..How long have you been making beats? And your sounds and instruments dont go together at all..Just keep at it..Cant be good at it overnight

Much love kiddo. I like that one but my Mixer hasn't gotten back to me. I need a myxer too but i'm S.O.L. on that so if you have any help just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Halii
    i really like the beat and the techno thing you have going on the first one. i think you should use a different instrument than the trumpet-like one you used for those chords, something that's more real sounding and resonant. usually it takes away from the effect of a song if all of the instruments sound synthetic. if you're using fruity loops, i would find a doper instrument on Sytrus and mess with the sound until it's good and rich. maybe mess around with envelopes and make it sound all dope. just keep messing with it. make sure the seperate instrument parts are in the same key or it will sound fucked up.

and i'm still trying to open the second one, but i'll give you feedback on it. (:

I'm fixing the second one now. I do need serious myxing done but i have no one to do that. Sorry.

And yeah its FL9 and i don't have much loaded to it cause im just scrapping beats through what i can get.

Quote Originally Posted by SHX

The second one i want you to come up with a hook for me. Its nothing to put out and release but just for me to realese stress. But i thought your voice would kill a cool hook. But yeah i know it all sucks. Just trying to get feedback to keep myself busy.

it doesn't suck! i haven't heard the second one yet, but i think you've got something going with the first one for sure.
    and of course i'll do a hook for you if it's just for emotional release. that's what music is for. (: i'ma send you my email address over pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick James
    The second one i want you to come up with a hook for me. Its nothing to put out and release but just for me to realese stress. But i thought your voice would kill a cool hook. But yeah i know it all sucks. Just trying to get feedback to keep myself busy.