Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Cognito?

  1. #1

    Cognito?

    Cognito says he likes his Strange Music deal and that the people he got really worked with him, but he hasn't even been featured on a Tech Album yet, Tech didn't give any notice about him to his fans while Brotha Lynch Hung was constantly on Tech's albums. If you go to his website he still posts in his forum, here its flooded and Tech can't keep track, hell look at Stevie Stone, Tech promoted him more then Cognito and Stevie is a pretty run of the mill rapper on a label that hasn't been hot since BTNH, he isn't even on Strange Music! I can understand how Grave Plott's album doesn't get as much promotion since they're on a joint deal (don't get why they're not on Psychopathic, Killa C is such a Juggalo), but Cognito doesn't even get Brotha Lynch Hung, Kutt Calhoun or any of the other Strange Musicians in his video, while Tech is on Stevie Stones video rapping a verse alongside Big Scoob, Kutt Calhoun, Krizz Kaliko and Slaughterhouse. Its not that I get why people think he's good, he's pretty much like Prozak half the time then sounds like Esham the other half. He even looks like Prozak! I know Strange probably got him good production, but seriously let him down on promotion. I'm not hatin, its just I'm wondering why Cognito doesn't get that much promotion.

  2. #2
    This




    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold
    Techs only released one album since Cog was signed, TGMP. Cog did a song for that but it didnt make the cut. Same thing happened with Shock Treatment and Raw and UnKutt. Dinner and a Movie was already finished when Cog was signed. Thats why he hasnt been on a Strange album. I never saw any promotion for Stevie except for a couple mentions about Midwest Explosion (a song Tech was on and on that got some attention from MTV) so I cant really speak on Stones promotion. Cog had some promotion. Not a massive amount but I would say it rivaled what Kutt got and it was more than what Scoob got. As for his website, there may not be a lot of discussions but it gets more activity than the other Strange artists sites. But Techs site is really the Strange Music site. And I dont think Prozak or Esham and Cog have anything musically in common so I have no idea where you are coming from with that.

  3. #3
    Senior Member a tie a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,666
    1. TGMP was the only Tech release since he was signed
    2. BLH was on what? 3 tracks in Tech's whole career
    3.Cog got quite some promotion. i would even say more than Kutt
    4. Juggalo doesn't equal Psy Records
    5.Prozak and Esham sound nothing like Cog
    6. Prozak and Cog don't look alike at all. just coz an Arab and a White man have light skin and are bald don't mean they look alike :P
    7. Why should he be getting promotion right now when he doesn't have any info on his next record?

  4. #4
    I don't think he got more than Kutt. Kutt pretty much got his own tour to promote the album. Also, during the release week of Automatic, I didn't see every one on Strange wearin a Cognito shirt like every one was wearing the Raw n Unkutt shirt during that release week. Jus sayin, Cog sold about 1200 first week, Kutt sold almost 8000 first week. I understand it's different cause Kutt has been on Strange longer..but even Lynch, who didn't put out a CD for almost 7 years...sold about 7000 first week. I think Cog is one hell of an artist, but I don't think he got promoted enough.





    Quote Originally Posted by a tie a
    1. TGMP was the only Tech release since he was signed
    2. BLH was on what? 3 tracks in Tech's whole career

    3.Cog got quite some promotion. i would even say more than Kutt

    4. Juggalo doesn't equal Psy Records

    5.Prozak and Esham sound nothing like Cog

    6. Prozak and Cog don't look alike at all. just coz an Arab and a White man have light skin and are bald don't mean they look alike :P

    7. Why should he be getting promotion right now when he doesn't have any info on his next record?

  5. #5
    Senior Member a tie a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,666
    Kutt's album sold like 3.5k first week man...



    Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cian4life
    I don't think he got more than Kutt. Kutt pretty much got his own tour to promote the album. Also, during the release week of Automatic, I didn't see every one on Strange wearin a Cognito shirt like every one was wearing the Raw n Unkutt shirt during that release week. Jus sayin, Cog sold about 1200 first week, Kutt sold almost 8000 first week. I understand it's different cause Kutt has been on Strange longer..but even Lynch, who didn't put out a CD for almost 7 years...sold about 7000 first week. I think Cog is one hell of an artist, but I don't think he got promoted enough.



    Quote Originally Posted by a tie a
    1. TGMP was the only Tech release since he was signed
    2. BLH was on what? 3 tracks in Tech's whole career
    3.Cog got quite some promotion. i would even say more than Kutt
    4. Juggalo doesn't equal Psy Records
    5.Prozak and Esham sound nothing like Cog
    6. Prozak and Cog don't look alike at all. just coz an Arab and a White man have light skin and are bald don't mean they look alike :P
    7. Why should he be getting promotion right now when he doesn't have any info on his next record?

  6. #6




    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold
    I never saw any promotion for Stevie except for a couple mentions about Midwest Explosion (a song Tech was on and on that got some attention from MTV) so I cant really speak on Stones promotion.
    Did you see the video? Not only was Tech N9ne on the song, but the main 4 SM's were there, Tech N9ne, Krizz Kailiko, Kutt Calhoun and Big Scoob, on top of that Slaughterhouse was there! Cognito's video didn't even have Big Scoob.

  7. #7
    Senior Member claudelolar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    242
    tech was on a couple songs on cognito's cd....i was born to be fly but on the mixed plate none of those beats say cognito at all the nigga is cool; as fuck he likes where hes at and cog is better than 85%of the mainstream rappers let him do him he will get up there look how long it took tech!

  8. #8
    I'm 90 percent sure stevie will sign with strange as soon as his deal with ruthless is up




    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Don


    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold
    I never saw any promotion for Stevie except for a couple mentions about Midwest Explosion (a song Tech was on and on that got some attention from MTV) so I cant really speak on Stones promotion.

    Did you see the video? Not only was Tech N9ne on the song, but the main 4 SM's were there, Tech N9ne, Krizz Kailiko, Kutt Calhoun and Big Scoob, on top of that Slaughterhouse was there! Cognito's video didn't even have Big Scoob.

  9. #9
    would it of been cost effecive to promote more though? just cuz u can spend the money doesnt mean itll help in the long run



    Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cian4life
    I don't think he got more than Kutt. Kutt pretty much got his own tour to promote the album. Also, during the release week of Automatic, I didn't see every one on Strange wearin a Cognito shirt like every one was wearing the Raw n Unkutt shirt during that release week. Jus sayin, Cog sold about 1200 first week, Kutt sold almost 8000 first week. I understand it's different cause Kutt has been on Strange longer..but even Lynch, who didn't put out a CD for almost 7 years...sold about 7000 first week. I think Cog is one hell of an artist, but I don't think he got promoted enough.



    Quote Originally Posted by a tie a
    1. TGMP was the only Tech release since he was signed
    2. BLH was on what? 3 tracks in Tech's whole career
    3.Cog got quite some promotion. i would even say more than Kutt
    4. Juggalo doesn't equal Psy Records
    5.Prozak and Esham sound nothing like Cog
    6. Prozak and Cog don't look alike at all. just coz an Arab and a White man have light skin and are bald don't mean they look alike :P
    7. Why should he be getting promotion right now when he doesn't have any info on his next record?

  10. #10
    It was shot on the k.o.d. Tour. That's why glasses, slaughterhouse and strange were all in it and them rapping infront of the tour bus. Midwest explosion was also made well before cog was even signed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Don


    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold
    I never saw any promotion for Stevie except for a couple mentions about Midwest Explosion (a song Tech was on and on that got some attention from MTV) so I cant really speak on Stones promotion.
    Did you see the video? Not only was Tech N9ne on the song, but the main 4 SM's were there, Tech N9ne, Krizz Kailiko, Kutt Calhoun and Big Scoob, on top of that Slaughterhouse was there! Cognito's video didn't even have Big Scoob.

Similar Threads

  1. Cognito
    By Ryan894 in forum Albums,Collabos and Tracks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 10:27 AM
  2. COGNITO
    By skylerbuoy in forum Post your Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 04:52 AM
  3. Where Cognito At????
    By DiE$eL E in forum Albums,Collabos and Tracks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 11:29 PM
  4. Cognito?
    By Jbone9 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 03:20 AM
  5. Cognito
    By LeviHarding in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •