Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I was thinking Bout these Tech fans turned haters....

So I was thinking Bout these Tech fans turned haters....

Why would you be mad and say your favorite artist is turning industry just because he's becoming successful. Shouldn't you WANT the world to hear and like your favorite artist. You should want him to get big... or maybe I'M crazier than I thought.

pretty much like if any one person just listens to underground music and thinks all mainstream is garbage...Mainstream or not tech will always be the shit he already has the title of #1 independent rapper in the world so why not just be the #1 rapper in the world..

that's what I'm saying but I guess ppl have a problem with success.

Quote Originally Posted by daimon
    pretty much like if any one person just listens to underground music and thinks all mainstream is garbage...Mainstream or not tech will always be the shit he already has the title of #1 independent rapper in the world so why not just be the #1 rapper in the world..

What people are hating on is the content of his music. His last album, and pretty much every strange release in 2010, was horrible. The quality "sounds" like Tech wants to appease the mainstream. The only problem is that the "mainstream" is either teenage girls or a bunch of shallow, brainwashed, and single-minded people. Changing a person's perspective on music, i've learned, is one of the hardest things to do. Everyone is far too opinionated. That is why there is the 2 sides, the mainstream and the underground. And now it's gotten so bad that people "hate" certain artists only because they are popular, Lil Wayne is prob the biggest example. I am not one of them. I base my opinions after I hear the music.

So like I said earlier...it "sounds" like Tech wants to appease the mainstream. So of course that is gonna piss off the fans who fall into the hate the mainstream/ FTI movement. With today's state of hip/hop you cant have both. Even Eminem is hated in some underground circles because he's played on the radio. So tech is gonna have to chose. And we'll know his choice soon enough, his music will tell us. The people that are hating now are the ones that see the trends. Because as of now, all signs point to more exposure being Tech's priority. And it sucks because he is ALREADY successful...further expansion with a decrease in music quality is a sign of greed.

Well I personally like his new albums...I don't expect a dark album every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    What people are hating on is the content of his music. His last album, and pretty much every strange release in 2010, was horrible. The quality "sounds" like Tech wants to appease the mainstream. The only problem is that the "mainstream" is either teenage girls or a bunch of shallow, brainwashed, and single-minded people. Changing a person's perspective on music, i've learned, is one of the hardest things to do. Everyone is far too opinionated. That is why there is the 2 sides, the mainstream and the underground. And now it's gotten so bad that people "hate" certain artists only because they are popular, Lil Wayne is prob the biggest example. I am not one of them. I base my opinions after I hear the music.

So like I said earlier...it "sounds" like Tech wants to appease the mainstream. So of course that is gonna piss off the fans who fall into the hate the mainstream/ FTI movement. With today's state of hip/hop you cant have both. Even Eminem is hated in some underground circles because he's played on the radio. So tech is gonna have to chose. And we'll know his choice soon enough, his music will tell us. The people that are hating now are the ones that see the trends. Because as of now, all signs point to more exposure being Tech's priority. And it sucks because he is ALREADY successful...further expansion with a decrease in music quality is a sign of greed.

Every one knows Tech writes about what he's feeling at the time. If he feels like havin sex with multiple chicks at the same time...then he's gonna write about it. If he's pissed off wanting to go beat some one's ass..he's gonna write about it. That's the difference between him, and pretty much every other artist you hear on the radio/BET/whatever else. They write lyrics cause they think it's what the fans want to hear. Tech is writing about his experiences. In one of his last interviews he said something along the lines of, If you want me all fucked up on drugs and depressed like I was on Anghellic I'm sorry cause that's not who I am any more so I can't write about that type of thing. I'm not quoting, it was just somethin like that. I understand where some fans are coming from, sayin they don't like this "new" Tech. I also understand where he is coming from, not wanting to be sad and shit any more. If you don't like the albums that he's releasing, then don't listen to em. Pop in Anghellic/Absolute Power and be stuck in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin

i think of tech doin some songs wit all these mainstream guys like lebron going to miami not many people liked that move but the true fans are still supporting

Okay, I'mma make things clear. I understand your point, but I'mma tell why I'm starting not to like Tech's music anymore.

Dark or light ? Honestly, I don't give a fuck. As long as Tech stays "massive". For me, Everready, Killer, Sickology 101 and KOD were REALLY the bests albums/collabos I've ever heard. You barely wanna skip one song. But thing is, after KOD, Tech said he wanted to come back to the "light". And at this time, he made a fucked up album, IMO, with lame hooks, lame beats, and his verses were... nuthin' incredible. So people associated this garbage to Tech making "light" music. That is the problem. Tech can do really nice "light" music. There's some good party music on S101 and Everready. Damn.

Then I heard Asshole's verse. I was like "DAMN, that's some dope shit". But when I heard the song, I was like... Eeh... Kinda disappointed. Tech's verse sounded off the rythm on the beginning, imo. And the beat was... Yeah no hate, but Tech's beats used to be way more dope by Everready time.

Problem is, Tech got us used to nearly perfect music, that when we hear just dope music, we're disappointed, you see my point ?

Funny thing is were only one year removed from k.o.d. And everyones hating. Everready is a "mainstream" sounding album and there's no hate on it. Tgmp was tight but you gotta remember it's a collabos album, it's not like he's going to put his slickest flows or best rhymes on it. That'll go on 6s and 7s. Haters need to stfu until his new stuff comes out... We have about 3 weeks before the mixtape and seepage so we can judge then

You are damn right my nigga. And by the way FUCK whosay techs flow isn't what it used to be. NO FUCKING SHIT, Remember that tech is everything not just one thing. he can be the demon the clown the angel the asshole. Bitch if you dont like techs new shit then get the fuck off the site please and go suck the mainstream boner

Quote Originally Posted by 1videowatcher57
    i think of tech doin some songs wit all these mainstream guys like lebron going to miami not many people liked that move but the true fans are still supporting