Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IS STRANGE MUSIC'S NO RADIO OR MAINSTREAM VIDEO FORMULA GOOD FOR THEIR UP AN COMING ARTIST ???

IS STRANGE MUSIC'S NO RADIO OR MAINSTREAM VIDEO FORMULA GOOD FOR THEIR UP AN COMING ARTIST ???

Strange has built a dope roster of emcee's that have and will continue to produce good music/ great music. Do you think they should follow the same blue print as Techs careerer with no Mtv Jams video play or radio play ??? We know Tech is the Coldest, He has made it whether he believes it or not. It just bothers me when i talk to people about music and they have no idea that Krizz K, Ces Crus, Maday, Stevie Stone, and Especially Rittz, and Kutt K EXIST. All those artist would do very well with some exposure. I watch Mtv jams all the time. They need some Strange music on there!!! MADAY'S song and video Badlands is a perfect example or Stevie Stones 808 Bendin, slept on by most people that would love that shit!! 90% of what comes on Mtv jams is garbage!! Just my opinion, if they want Strange to be as big as they want it as stated in interviews go ahead an put some more MONEY UP to give your talented Artist a chance to shine !! Which they will. We know you have the money due to your loyal fan base. WE WILL BE HERE NO MATTER WHAT!!

You miss the point. Radio has formats and won't play anything that doesn't fit them. An Artist like Krizz Kaliko is too weird for them, just like Tech, he doesn't fit into their narrow minded point of view on what hip hop is and wouldn't get played no matter which song you pumped your money into and tried to get them to play. Ces Cru is too lyrical, there in the same boat as a group like Slaughterhouse, Shady Records pumped a couple million into their radio promotion, went out and got Cee-Lo Green to sing the hook and radio still wouldn't play the single. Even Eminem has to duet with Rhianna on Love Songs now to get played.The only artists on strange who would have a chance in that world is Stevie Stone, and MAYBE Kutt. Stevie Stone has a kind of Young Jeezy type voice and his flow isn't complex, so a mainstream FM radio station might play him because they can squeeze him into their format of only playing dumbed down shit (lol, no offense to him, I like him...... I like Jeezy too, I'm just saying)

The rest of the acts tho???......Nah, it would just be throwing money away to try and get them on the radio to sell to the Lil Wayne/Drake crowd. And honestly, who cares these days anyway, rappers on the radio can't sell shit these days, Nicki Minaj is the only artist who even sold gold this year....... Wanna see something pathetic???...... Here's the record sales for mainstream hip hop albums this year:

NICKI MINAJ - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded : 748,848
    KENDRICK LAMAR - Good Kid, m.A.A.d City : 481,425
    RICK ROSS - God Forgives, I Don't : 478,312
    2 CHAINZ - Based On A T.R.U. Story : 427,539
    G.O.O.D. MUSIC - Cruel Summer : 384,203
    NAS - Life Is Good: 337,686
    TYGA - Careless World : Rise of the Last King : 319,874
    MEEK MILL - Dreams And Nightmares : 265,771
    MAYBACH MUSIC GROUP - Self Made Vol. 2 : 255,018
    B.O.B. - Strange Clouds : 248,150
    FUTURE - Pluto : 224,584
    PROJECT X - Original Soundtrack : 206,393
    MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - The Heist : 163,980
    LUPE FIASCO - Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1 : 154,482
    LECRAE - Gravity : 150,017
    WIZ KHALIFA - O.N.I.F.C. : 141,380 DEBUT
    COLT FORD - Declaration Of Independence : 118,300
    MACHINE GUN KELLY - Lace Up : 109,600
    ODD FUTURE - OF Tape Vol. 2 : 101,474
    BIG K.R.I.T. - Live From The Underground : 91,530

With numbers like those, going mainstream aint even worth it, cause mainstream rap fans dont buy records anymore, they might do a lil better with the radio but considering how much money they'd have to spend on a radio promotions department, alot of that extra money would go into paying for the expenses it took to get that song on the radio in the first place, not to mention how many crybabies would complain and stop supporting because of it, I mean look how many lil girls had to change their diapers when Tech did a song with Wayne??..........And that song was an XXX-rated song that will never make it to the radio, how much period blood you think they would spill over Tech being on the radio with him???....... Tech & Travis spent 1.4 Million dollars back in the day trying to work "Absolute Power" singles to the radio and if you ask them today they say it's there biggest regret. The FM Radio game is a Payola scam to begin with, has been since the 1950's, and Strange has been able to achieve a great deal of success without it that everybody seems to be happy with. I say there better off sticking with what works.

In the immortal words of TLC .............."Dont go chasing Waterfalls, stick to the rivers & the lakes that your use to"

well said ^^^

W....T......F......?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert sanchez

You miss the point. Radio has formats and won't play anything that doesn't fit them. An Artist like Krizz Kaliko is too weird for them, just like Tech, he doesn't fit into their narrow minded point of view on what hip hop is and wouldn't get played no matter which song you pumped your money into and tried to get them to play. Ces Cru is too lyrical, there in the same boat as a group like Slaughterhouse, Shady Records pumped a couple million into their radio promotion, went out and got Cee-Lo Green to sing the hook and radio still wouldn't play the single. Even Eminem has to duet with Rhianna on Love Songs now to get played.The only artists on strange who would have a chance in that world is Stevie Stone, and MAYBE Kutt. Stevie Stone has a kind of Young Jeezy type voice and his flow isn't complex, so a mainstream FM radio station might play him because they can squeeze him into their format of only playing dumbed down shit (lol, no offense to him, I like him...... I like Jeezy too, I'm just saying)

The rest of the acts tho???......Nah, it would just be throwing money away to try and get them on the radio to sell to the Lil Wayne/Drake crowd. And honestly, who cares these days anyway, rappers on the radio can't sell shit these days, Nicki Minaj is the only artist who even sold gold this year....... Wanna see something pathetic???...... Here's the record sales for mainstream hip hop albums this year:

With numbers like those, going mainstream aint even worth it, cause mainstream rap fans dont buy records anymore, they might do a lil better with the radio but considering how much money they'd have to spend on a radio promotions department, alot of that extra money would go into paying for the expenses it took to get that song on the radio in the first place, not to mention how many crybabies would complain and stop supporting because of it, I mean look how many lil girls had to change their diapers when Tech did a song with Wayne??..........And that song was an XXX-rated song that will never make it to the radio, how much period blood you think they would spill over Tech being on the radio with him???....... Tech & Travis spent 1.4 Million dollars back in the day trying to work "Absolute Power" singles to the radio and if you ask them today they say it's there biggest regret. The FM Radio game is a Payola scam to begin with, has been since the 1950's, and Strange has been able to achieve a great deal of success without it that everybody seems to be happy with. I say there better off sticking with what works.

In the immortal words of TLC .............."Dont go chasing Waterfalls, stick to the rivers & the lakes that your use to"

Damn son your a sharp dude.. Those record sale facts are crazy. I thought they were doing better than that, most of those artist i thought were going gold/platinum. Im just saying that Tech has the talent and charisma to get away with it , but his dope artist on his team could benefit from a little more exposure. Strange got the best music goin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert sanchez

word of mouth, youtube, and concerts are what works for the hottest emcees/rappers/musicians. tell them, spread their music videos, get them to listen to your collection, and speak highly of the artists in Strange Music. also, if they don't understand the greatness after hearing them, than we don't need em. we don't need fake ass wannabe fans just cuz their fav artists can't deliver.

Yep @Robert sanchez. People who listen to mainstream/radio don't buy whole albums IF THEY BUY THEM AT ALL. Jay-Z took his "American Gangster" (2007) album off iTunes because people were only buying ONE song off it. He said that an album should be bought as a whole, because it is a whole piece of art. People don't buy movies scene for scene, why should albums be different? Mainstream listeners are ignorant little swagfags.

It's not must mainstream listeners that don't buy albums anymore. Alot of people don't buy albums anymore I guarantee that yall have downloaded albums before. People on here always tryin to bash the mainstream if you don't like it then don't worry about. Talkin shit gets you no where

I "talk shit" because I honestly feel bad for people who listen to the mainstream. They don't know what music is. They're being tricked. I just wish they can realize. I feel bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mathews
    It's not must mainstream listeners that don't buy albums anymore. Alot of people don't buy albums anymore I guarantee that yall have downloaded albums before. People on here always tryin to bash the mainstream if you don't like it then don't worry about. Talkin shit gets you no where

yeah people who listen to mainstream piss me off cuz they are to worried about the persona of an amazing artist like tech n9ne "oooh he wears facepaint and makes a fucked up song or two so i'm just going to throw him away" and they would rather listen to wiz khalifa "i got so much paper i can buy a yatch" woohoo! and people play that shit....I hate music that is about somebody gloating about how much money they have it actually insults the fans that buy the musci in my opinion because it rubs it in thier faces... and people think dope lyrics are "pull up to the scene with my roof gone, two chains but I got me a few on"????? c'mon people fucking seriously?? ....I think that by the numbers we are looking at up there and the fact that people just torrent an artists music because the artist is a shallow mainstreamer who only talks about "how he got there" and not the climb (ymcmb) rick ross etc. .. this will cause these artists to die out and indepent labels who are intelligent will be where it's at.....The more we continue to bitch about shit that is perfectly justifiable and true to bitch at, more people will catch on and tune into underground/independent artists more.......so what I'm sayin' is strange music will eventually be king of the business and not fuck people over like corperate mainstream faggot lables! STRANGE MUSIC ALL DAY ALL NIGHT!!!!!