Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *NEW ARTIST* Feedback encouraged! Over brotha lynch's *SWEENEY TODD* instrumental

*NEW ARTIST* Feedback encouraged! Over brotha lynch's *SWEENEY TODD* instrumental

Hey guys, Purplex back again with my second track that I've ever put online. I'ts called skitzo, there's a full explination on the song on the page where you'll stream it. I've included lyrics too. I'm including the first one in this post as well, so if you haven't heard it yet check it out!

NEW SONG:

https://purplexed.bandcamp.com/track/skitzo

OLD SONG:

https://purplexed.bandcamp.com/track/oddity

Awesome song man, you really progressed from your last one. You took my advice of changing the flow, and honestly it sounded incredible. 1:21 was craaazy. I always loved this beat, Sweeny Todd was one of my favourite songs off Mannibalector, and this remix really fits into Lynch's . Congrats, keep it up.

Thanks man! Sorry for the late reply, I went on vacation and didn't log in for a few weeks. I very much appreciate the feedback, I got new stuff I'm gonna post soon, and mayday just released the believers instrumentals, so A LOT more music comin soon

Awesome man, can't wait!

I can't get into it but I've always thought horror core was incredibly gimmicky I even have a hard time listening to BLH who is undoubtedly the best thing that will ever ever happen to horrorcore. Its a dead Genre and its not coming back. Why don't you do yourself a favor and use your skills to work on a different genre one that you might actually stand a chance succeeding in. Even if you were a great rapper such as BLH your genre choice is going to hold you so far back that you wouldn't ever surface in the first place. Not trying to sound like a dickhead but you gotta hurry up and grow out of that shit so you can actually start to work on yourself as an artist. The image that horror-core paints is a lack of maturity, and passive aggressive hate, both are undesired characteristics by most listeners. You asked for feedback and I think you've got potential but only if you give yourself a chance and ditch the horror core so you can grow as an artist.

Sorry if you don't dig my words of advice, but I feel like its just the honest truth.

I am far from a horror core artist..... It was a one time experiment dude..I don't listen to horror core. Thought a couple blh songs were cool. So I decided to try out the . If it's seriously as dead as you say it is I guess I'll ditch it. And you don't sound like a dickhead at all! That was great advice man!

Re reading that, you kinda did jump to a conclusion about me... My first song had literally nothing to do with horror core. None of my other music does either... Lack of maturity and passive aggressive hate?... Off 1 song? I was merely emulating a I heard, that I assumed was popular on this forum. Due to the artist being signed to the label who's forum I posted on. This song was meant as a metaphor for the real me hating rap fans.

I agree that Horrorcore isn't a genre that has much life left, besides obviously BLH. However the track was pretty dope, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Flow was on point, lyrically obviously it was never going to be the best with it being horrorcore-esque, but there isn't anything to complain about with them. The mixing was pretty smooth, nothing seemed too off level. I'll definitely be paying attention for future stuff. Keep it up, I'd be interested in seeing what other s you can do and how much you can mix up what your songs sound like, could make for an artist who always keeps a hot buzz with you not knowing what you'd get next song etc...

Really good!

Thanks man! Much appreciated! It was supposed to be more of a flow showcase. I won't go for horror core elements again, seeing as the majority of the comments I'm getting say it's fairly dead. I don't actually listen to the genre, I just thought I'd give it a try after hearing some of BLH's stuff. I'm glad you liked it though! I posted some more stuff if you wanna check it out, I'll post another comment with a link

Quote Originally Posted by Bliss

I agree that Horrorcore isn't a genre that has much life left, besides obviously BLH. However the track was pretty dope, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Flow was on point, lyrically obviously it was never going to be the best with it being horrorcore-esque, but there isn't anything to complain about with them. The mixing was pretty smooth, nothing seemed too off level. I'll definitely be paying attention for future stuff. Keep it up, I'd be interested in seeing what other s you can do and how much you can mix up what your songs sound like, could make for an artist who always keeps a hot buzz with you not knowing what you'd get next song etc...