Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Strange branch out?

Should Strange branch out?

As a label, does anyone else feel like it would be a good idea for Strange to start expanding their artist lineup?
    Obviously, its popular for labels to have acts of multiple genres in order to bring in money from their associated fans. If SM was to sign Alternative acts, or Rock, or Acoustic...whatever they want, they could become a label that identified with more than just the hip-hop community. This would in turn bring in more revenue, etc.etc.etc.

Thoughts?

People on this forum gon' hate on you boy. But me, I don't know honestly. Being a small label allows them to be closer to artists, and they improve in their own domain. Actually, I don't really think they need to sign differend genres, there are already so many different genres in Strange... That's a messed up opinion, but my fuckin' head is messed up right now, I need to go to sleep.

They already are diverse enough to appeal to a variety of different people.
    With that being said, no.

they should sign me as a tour water boy,this would really help everyone out

Critical Bill was supposed to be on the label, Downtown the World was to be released by Strange.
    Then they silently dissapeared. I guess they didnt get enough positive feedback on it or something.

Critical Bill is still around. Saw them at a show a couple months ago. I actually liked them. Still do

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Schipper
    Critical Bill was supposed to be on the label, Downtown the World was to be released by Strange.
    Then they silently dissapeared. I guess they didnt get enough positive feedback on it or something.

naw i don't think so. They already got variety, and if they branch out too much they can't really connect to the artists as well. they'll easily get shoved in the back and forgotten of like Prozak and Cognito lol

I don't think they should. Critical Bill wasn't that good imo. I think hip hop on Strange should be all. Prozak I think should get signed to Strange, but he's like horrorcore and Grave Plott I couldn't ever picture on Strange, but they were dope, well LA was lol. Skat n Snug I wish was still on Strange because they were rappin about real life shit which is always dope.

they need to expand coast to coast. strange music east, south, north, west and of course midwest.

They should get mindless self indulgence they would definitely keep it strange!