Thread: Is this normal...

Is this normal...

My grandpa had a heart attack while driving today and got into a real bad car accident, idk very much because i was at work when i got the call and i have no way to get to the hospital, my mom and dad are there with him though.. Apparently he has severe brain damage, and my mom might have to make a decision tonight.. But is it normal for me to not feel sad right now.. I feel angry but im not sad, I haven't had to deal with something like this before.

i dont even know how i should feel right now, like is it bad that im even on this site right now? should i be sitting staring at a wall...idk

people probably handle this kind of stuff differently. My uncle died in his 40s in January, and i didn't really feel sad. i felt more depressed, and i didn't shed a single tear about his death. i don't know if something's up with me or what...
    but i hope ur grandpa can make it through whatever he needs to

People all have different ways of coping.

i almost feel if i just go along with my day to day i would be ok, just keeping busy, idk if thats fucked up or not, idk my head is everywhere right now

its very normal bro, and it don't make you a bad person. just seems like you realize that shit is what it is, but not being able to change it pisses you off.i have gone through alot of this in my life,and we all grieve in our own way. the key is just finding a positive way to release our sadness and angers so they don't grow like a cancer inside us, ready to explode. mosh pits work good! lol...blessings to you and your family at this time. another reason we don't get to sad is cause we know we have to be strong for those that can't be.nothing you do right now is bad or wrong, its just how your coping. im native, so i would just ask the creator to take my grandpa in a good way, then do some sort of ceremony for him, then just have faith that my family always lives on and is with me. peace bro.

i need to be strong for my mom, i know this isn't going to be easy for her, and thats gonna be the most difficult part of this whole situation...i just wanna thank you guys for your help. You guys dont even know me and you are helping and that means alot. Thank You

I think so too. You don't have to feel bad for not feeling sad, you know what I mean ? Maybe your subconcious feels angry about not being able to do anything, not being able to be by your grandpa's side. But just... Take a deep breath, and try to calm down a bit because I'm truly sorry to say that, but you can't do anything. And you know, being angry won't help. I think you should rest a bit, to put back the ideas in their right place within your head (sorry for the bad English). Then, take a deep breath, And that's it. Or, you can try to keep you busy in order to not think about it. You see.

Anyway, I hope your grandpa will make it through. You have my support man, never say die.

Quote Originally Posted by justinsayn
    its very normal bro, and it don't make you a bad person. just seems like you realize that shit is what it is, but not being able to change it pisses you off.i have gone through alot of this in my life,and we all grieve in our own way. the key is just finding a positive way to release our sadness and angers so they don't grow like a cancer inside us, ready to explode. mosh pits work good! lol...blessings to you and your family at this time. another reason we don't get to sad is cause we know we have to be strong for those that can't be.nothing you do right now is bad or wrong, its just how your coping. im native, so i would just ask the creator to take my grandpa in a good way, then do some sort of ceremony for him, then just have faith that my family always lives on and is with me. peace bro.

That's the principle of a community. We're like a family. With ups and downs, agreed, but is it really a family without ups and downs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean (Bay Area Street Team)
    i need to be strong for my mom, i know this isn't going to be easy for her, and thats gonna be the most difficult part of this whole situation...i just wanna thank you guys for your help. You guys dont even know me and you are helping and that means alot. Thank You