Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a Difference?

Is there a Difference?

I'm wondering is there a difference when you buy an album, does an artist see more money if you buy it from certain places. The reason i ask is because i heard that iTunes makes a lot of money from the sales, and the artist sees very little.So when it comes to Strange, does an artist see more money if you buy it on the tour for $10, rather than for $15 at Best buy or for whatever it goes for on iTunes?

damn i never thought about that. i'mma follow this thread, should be interesting

Yeah, i just wondered when i saw the Strange twitter account, Advertising Shock Treatment on iTunes. I've seen people say they buy multiple copies from best buy, for $10. Maybe more money goes towards them when you buy from the Strange Store? Maybe that's a better way of supporting.

I'm really curious on how all this shit works. Maybe Cross Eyed Joe knows about that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by a tie a
    damn i never thought about that. i'mma follow this thread, should be interesting

Damn! When you buy an album from iTunes, you help the artist buy 1 thing from the 99 Cent Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Naveed
    haha itunes seems like fucking garbage pay
    http://blogcritics.org/music/article...-much-of-a-99/

only 10 cents

i think they make more money when they sell their cd's on tour or from da strange store....cuz im pretty sure with best buy they have to pay them a certain amount to have it on display n most of the strange releases ive gotten from best buy come out to like $12.90 with da taxes....n 10 cents on itunes? damn.

well they make nuttin with the leaks lol

this

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa

Not always true. Some will buy if they like it. Do people buy cars without a Test drive, to see if they like it? Downloading is not going to go away. They tried to get rid of it when Napster got sued. But 50 other ways sprung after that. They have chosen to embrace it and see it as a positive. Downloading can bring new fans out to the shows. And that is where the artists make a lot more money. Look at that iTunes stat. Wow, you are ripping them off from a fucking dollar or 10 cents a song.

not everyone buys tho they burn

Quote Originally Posted by Quemical
    Not always true. Some will buy if they like it. Do people buy cars without a Test drive, to see if they like it? Downloading is not going to go away. They tried to get rid of it when Napster got sued. But 50 other ways sprung after that. They have chosen to embrace it and see it as a positive. Downloading can bring new fans out to the shows. And that is where the artists make a lot more money. Look at that iTunes stat. Wow, you are ripping them off from a fucking dollar or 10 cents a song.

if they wanna hear it b4 buyin it fuckin www.youtube.com