Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do most ppl prefer "pissed/angry/stressed Tech" instead of party Tech????

Why do most ppl prefer "pissed/angry/stressed Tech" instead of party Tech????

I think ppl want something to identify with and compare their lives to.
    Some ppl relate to the songs about struggle,stress and pain more because the listener has something to identify with on a much more personal level than simply getting drunk and laughing or boning groupies. When a song becomes personal to the listener it can often become a redemptive and uplifting experience especially if the listener is reassured that he or she is not alone within their own trials and tribulations.

I do not mind songs about party n bullshit every now and then but now a days the hiphop music industry is saturated with this type of heavy subject matter. Songs about money,hoes clothes n parties come a dime a dozen. So if an artist is going to go down this busy freeway of misogynistic, money making rap it better be extra special or else fall short of glory and look like the rest of the boring scenery so to speak.

I think ppl want to be able to identify with their favorite artist and attain the feeling that they to are human. I mean lets be honest here. H ow many of us can really identify with subject matter about traveling around the world for 250 days a year while being able to pick any females they wish to have.

Most of us are regular ppl who live on a fixed income who go to work or school everyday. We all have been drug through the mud at some point in our lives and it is nice to know that were not alone. So even though the party n bullshit is cool every now and then,the brutally honest and personal music is what helps the average joe get through his shitty day at work or stress filled household drama.

I know Tech wants to find to the light along with the rest of us humans but does it really have to include tour orgies and massive alcohol comsumption??? Because just like the man said himself,
    " too much of anything is a crime"
    Anyhow im done with this late night rant my eyes hurt and im done burning dvd's

Straight up, just as I was saying if its going to be party n bullshit,its going to have to be extra special in order for it to stand out, techs verse on jumpin jax, paper, need more angels and after party were some of the ones that stood out to me

Quote Originally Posted by iKING
    This is all true, of course. I was just more disappointed that Tech's lyrics haven't been up to par lately. It doesn't have to be dark to be appealing. My favorite verses from Gates were Jumpin Jax and What's Yo Psycho.

as long as tech stays true to himself, then i will always be a huge fan of his music. Mainstream or Underground I could care less. imo he is the greatest.

For the same reason I liked Eminem when he was doing drugs, his lyrics were more creative and the music is better overall...the party music Tech does is good, but music like KOD, was excellent in my opinion...it shows his depth and personality more than hearing him rap about the same stuff as the mainstream artists. I understand the evolution and moving on to something better and brighter, but, his dark music is epic.

hit the nail on the head. booya grandma!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery93
    as long as tech stays true to himself, then i will always be a huge fan of his music. Mainstream or Underground I could care less. imo he is the greatest.

You missed the entire point, I'm simply sayin that ppl identify with that more and the fact that music can be positive doesn't mean that it has to be all about money hoes n clothes,
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjmain Smith
    So we want Tech to be miserable so he can write good shit again?
    Fuck that, if Tech is happy, let em be happy, his old shit is always gonna be there so just hit rewind and play all you want.

Yeah he has a mainstream kind of theme going, but all artists grow up, look at ICP, Metallica, Eminem... you get older you get paid, what the fuck do you need to be dark and angry for anymore?

because i think "pissed/angry/stressed Tech" shows more emotion on his songs (obviously) and it seems he aint really trying as much on his party songs i mean me personally i expect a lot from a tech record when it drops because i know what he's capable of, yea some party stuff is good but honestly i think he can take his party stuff to another level

yea

Fuck no I don't want him pissed/stressed, I'm just saying his music is more creative when he has the angry feel to the songs. The party songs are all the same...get drunk, fuck bitches...it gets old after awhile, which is why I can't stand mainstream music anymore, iTS ALL THE SAME!

Fuck that, if Tech is happy, let em be happy, his old shit is always gonna be there so just hit rewind and play all you want.
    Yeah he has a mainstream kind of theme going, but all artists grow up, look at ICP, Metallica, Eminem... you get older you get paid, what the fuck do you need to be dark and angry for anymore?

And let's not start comparing Tech N9ne to the POS band that Metallica has become, or the uninspired bullshit that Em has put out lately. Em's best work came while struggling with the personal issues of divorce, infidelity, drug use, and fatherhood. Now, he's just like Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye...he makes a song with whoever he thinks will get him more sales. The Em of old would NEVER have worked with Rhianna. He despised artists like her. I don't want Tech to travel down that road.

he just needs to do both. If he always does one and not the other, people will get tired of it. Thats why you mix it up. So people dont get tired of the same old shit. If everysong on every album was about how life sucks, it would get real old. I think his mix of the two is perfect. Sometimes he's low, sometimes he's high. There is WAYYYYYYY too much analysis put into this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySinister
    Fuck no I don't want him pissed/stressed, I'm just saying his music is more creative when he has the angry feel to the songs. The party songs are all the same...get drunk, fuck bitches...it gets old after awhile, which is why I can't stand mainstream music anymore, iTS ALL THE SAME!