Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Music goin' down... What d'y'all think ?

Strange Music goin' down... What d'y'all think ?

Okay, first of all, if you don't agree with what I say, don't hate okay ? This is just my opinion.I'm not an old day listener like most of you guys, I started listenin' to Tech when he released Sickology 101. Then I listened to most of his past albums : Anghellic, AP, Everready, Killer, MLK, and every shit he's been puttin' out after. Then I heard about Krizz and Kutt, and I listened to Vitiligo and Feature Presentation, and LOVED it. Then Big Scoob, Brotha Lynch, etc...Now what I mean is that recently, I feel a real change amongst the three "main" artists of Strange. I mean, for most of people, Tech is selling out, plus the recent announcement of the song with Wayne, the pic with Waka Floka, the Kabosh turnin' into a Detox... A lot of people say Tech is goin' mainstream.About Krizz, I loved Vitiligo, really. Then I listened to Genius. Something different, but I still liked it. Thing is, I feel like Kali is gettin' a big head. I read his interviews, saw some Ustreams, and I'm seeing the guy is clamin' to be the King of Pop ? Dude ain't got no imagination. King Of Pop is MJ, everyone knows that. So the guy is putting himself at the level of MJ... C'mon... And the guy sayin' "Stripper Dance" (I think the song is called like that) will definitely be the best stripper anthem in the world ? Come on... And recently the sampler of Shock Treatment... Damn... This is garbage to my opinion. And I saw a lot of people who agreed. I heard about autotuned shit, pop shit... Damn...And Kutt, I feel like he's the third wheel for the two others. He's getting more and more apart. He wasn't even aware of the last Ustream at XXL (now some people will say he was busy and I don't know, only thing I know is he's always apart), and with his song "Calling My Name", I don't feel like he's really motivated to rap anymore...What do y'all think about it ? I know we're supposed to support our artists, and I will, but, am I the only one who feel like there's been a sudden change in Strange Music ?

Agree to a degree (Ha, it rhymed)

1 thing is for sure, Strange ain't what it use to be. I know Strange got the spotlight right now and getting exposure. I don't mind it, as long as it doesn't affect the music. But With The Mixed Plate and So far what i've heard from Shock Treatment, i feel it is affecting the music.

i havent said much on the subject till now (except for that thread i made about "doin it") but i would have to agree with what you said..... strange... or at least tech and kali....aren't what they used to be (but i though kutty's album was dope.)
    Just seems like Tech and Kali want to appeal to the mainstream fans but im going to reserve my judgment until i hear both Shock Treament and All 6s and 7s

Quote Originally Posted by Quemical

1 thing is for sure, Strange ain't what it use to be. I know Strange got the spotlight right now and getting exposure. I don't mind it, as long as it doesn't affect the music. But With The Mixed Plate and So far what i've heard from Shock Treatment, i feel it is affecting the music.

Yeah, pretty much. I feel like all the attention they're getting, may turn out to be bad in the long run. I've been looking at it as, why does Tech need to do tracks with these guys...when he's gotten to where he's at today with out em. In the words of 50 Cent, "Now niggas callin me to feature, man, fuck your money." I wish Tech would have that attitude sometimes.

i agree on the kutt chapter, its kinda fucked up cuz he´s never there when tech and krizz are. and Kutt is superdope hands down.

your an idiot, like, the album isnt even out yet and you dont like it? thats kind of wierd dude, their literally isnt one strange album i dont like.... idk where your getting this strange music going down thing from... their def more popular now than they ever have been... LOL

you don't understand what he's saying.

Quote Originally Posted by k.o.d.
    your an idiot, like, the album isnt even out yet and you dont like it? thats kind of wierd dude, their literally isnt one strange album i dont like.... idk where your getting this strange music going down thing from... their def more popular now than they ever have been... LOL

Whenever i see someone say "Your an Idiot" Instead of "You're" I know the rest of the rant is going to be retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cian4life

haha agreed

Whenever i see someone say "Your an Idiot" Instead of "You're" I know the rest of the rant is going to be retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cian4life

agreed by me!

i was thinkin the other day that the song harvey dent doesnt really make any sense, i mean he's like, if you dont like the new shit go buy the old shit??? HELLO WE ALREADY HAVE THE OLD SHIT!!! and if the popular demand is the old dark shit then he isnt that smart for not doing something along those lines if thats what all the fans want... i mean look at AP, that wasnt really a "sad" album but it was still dark. thats another thing i was thinkin is you dont have to be sad to do a dark album... if so then NUMEROUS artist would be sad all the time right? and kali's elevator song is worse than 3/4 of the shit i have heard on the radio!!! i think and i also agree with what you said about tech doing these features. HE HAS GOTTEN THERE WITHOUT THEM WHY THE FUCK DOES HE WANT THEM NOW! he should keep doing his thing and just blow right past wayne without waynes help! im really startin to be disapointed in the new strange. i mean when i go to show some people who tech is and explaining tech then i show them the new music and they say this isnt what you were really discribing. so then i gotta go back to the old shit (which is cool but i wish i didnt have to ify old and new i wish i could just show them TECH) that and when im showing peeps music if they hear the new shit and dont like it then hear the old and like what really motivates them to buy a NEW album that they dont even like the tunes.