Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Makzilla

Makzilla

i was just wondering why he isnt actually signed to strange, i havent heard any of his solo stuff just the 816 boyz tracks. does he have his own lable or is he signed to someone else?

hes one of techs relatives so he is a shoe in for music with strange (unfortunately)

personally i think he is bar FAR the weakest person to be in the 816 boyz.... if anything Stone should replace him, at least he would make some badass party verses. Makzilla is terrible

Unfortunately Stone's from St. Louis so he's 314 which defeats the point of them being 816 Boyz.

Quote Originally Posted by Z1mM3r

hes one of techs relatives so he is a shoe in for music with strange (unfortunately)

personally i think he is bar FAR the weakest person to be in the 816 boyz.... if anything Stone should replace him, at least he would make some badass party verses. Makzilla is terrible

see no that would defeat the purpose of the 816 boyz lol. Makzilla is NOT an artist he is a Strange Music personality, that's why he does that podcast show, the 816 boyz was created as a joke. i feel like people forget this sometimes. the 816 boyz mock the music industry saying that the people who are winning grammys make dumb ass shit like areola(love the song) but you know what i mean. so having Mak's awful verses in the 816 boyz is nessesary. but OP, Makzilla has no, and will probaby never have solo stuff lol.

I doubt makzilla makes his verses awful on purpose. And it might have started as a joke but I don't think they see it that way anymore. With 816 boyz always coming out with tracks now and talks of a full length I doubt they still see it as 100% joke.

See I'm torn on how much of his verses are purposely terrible, because he has helped write songs with Tech and Kaliko for a long time, and pretty good ones i.e. Red Nose, Welcome to the Midwest, Vitiligo, Last Sad Song, Choir Boy, Hello Walls, The Rain, Love You 2 Death, The Boogieman etc. I just think he happens to be REALLY good at making bad raps but obviously he's lent a hand in the writing process to both Krizz and Tech on some great tracks. With that said, I still think they could and should take Makzilla off the 816 Boyz tracks and just leave it Tech, Krizz and Kutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mathews
    I doubt makzilla makes his verses awful on purpose. And it might have started as a joke but I don't think they see it that way anymore. With 816 boyz always coming out with tracks now and talks of a full length I doubt they still see it as 100% joke.

So he'd kind of just a writer/P.R person to an extent,
    I thought he would have one solo song to be honest!

Actually Krizz's cousin

I think the only verse he intentionally slacked on was "Areola", the rest are just clear examples of him being a bad rapper. And I agree that it was fine when it was all a big joke, but if they actually make an 816 Boyz album (I still have my doubts) then I think they should definitely make Makzilla a less prominent figure. Let him stick to making skits.

i hope they still see it as a joke, because the songs are still god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mathews