Thread: **Opinions Needed** on first song I've ever released online. LONG time reader, first time poster.

**Opinions Needed** on first song I've ever released online. LONG time reader, first time poster.

Fellow technicians, I'm an aspiring MC from Burnaby Bc canada. I've been writing for about 4-5 years now, and recording for about 2, so it's been a process getting here. ANY feedback is encouraged, even if it's scathingly bad. Let me know what you think in the comments!

http://purplexed.bandcamp.com/track/oddity

Hey man, I just heard your song and it's actually pretty good. My advice is that you should try to switch up your flow from time to time. What I mean is that, for example, you should try to rap a bar faster than usual, and then return to your usual flow/speed. This would make your songs sound a little bit less monotonic. Other than that, it's a lot better than any other amateur rapper i've heard so far, lyrically it was great. So keep it up, you're good!

Thanks a lot man! And yeah I agree completely. My double timing, triplets, and flow switch ups are super messy right now. So I figured I'd showcase what I can do lyrically first. Tech is a huge influence, so being able to be as dynamic as possible is for sure a goal of mine. Thanks again for checkin it out! I'll be postin new music on here very soon

You're welcome! I could tell Tech's influence in your song; you pronunciated and accentuated some words like he does in his songs, with a certain enphasis, which is a great thing. Anyways, send me a message or something when you upload another song.