Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kutt's " Calling My Name"

Kutt's " Calling My Name"

First of all, I think its a sick beat. And Kutt flows really well on this song. But how can Kutt complain about not selling enough records? He is touring with the greatest rapper of all time. He is lucky just to be involved with Tech N9ne. He complains about not being able to feed the 6 kids that he has. He mentions that making music is in his "ligaments", well then he should learn to accept the fact that in today's day and age, not very many people buy music albums anymore, and that is why touring is so important now. The fact of the matter is, if you make really good music, people will purchase it. He is not on that level.

<font ="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff4f2">As far as your responses go, understand that these are my PERSONAL OPINIONS and you dont need to call me a "faggot" or whatever some of you guys do when you hear anything negative about an artist on Strange Music. There would be nothing to talk about on the message boards if everybody agreed. Much love to Tech N9ne!</font>

yeah, it's kind of stupid that he's bitching about his album sales.
    but it made a good song and i do understand where he's coming from.

ummm welll lets see
    hes saying how can all these fans b all up in my face talkin shit about how hes one the sickest and shit...and then go and pretty much steal his album. thats how he feeds his kids. and hes lucky to be rapping wit tech? techs lucky that he still puts out albums wit all the legal shit he was in wit all his different labels. and performing wit tech and rapping wit him isnt gnna feed his kids.
    geez
    dude has a right to complain about ppl that smile and talk shit and then turn around and dont even help a dude out.

He can bitch about it all he wants he deserves it, if u were puttin out albums n people said they loved n u were awesome but they didnt buy ur album ud bitch too, n im sure u dont know what ur talking about because kutts sales have gone up with every album

This... Muhfuckas needa stop jeffin

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro
    ummm welll lets see hes saying how can all these fans b all up in my face talkin shit about how hes one the sickest and shit...and then go and pretty much steal his album. thats how he feeds his kids. and hes lucky to be rapping wit tech? techs lucky that he still puts out albums wit all the legal shit he was in wit all his different labels. and performing wit tech and rapping wit him isnt gnna feed his kids.
    geez
    dude has a right to complain about ppl that smile and talk shit and then turn around and dont even help a dude out.

Well who are the posers that are goin up to him and telling him "Kutt Kalhoun is the shit". You don't think that most of the fans are going up to Tech and telling him that instead of Kutt?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    He can bitch about it all he wants he deserves it, if u were puttin out albums n people said they loved n u were awesome but they didnt buy ur album ud bitch too, n im sure u dont know what ur talking about because kutts sales have gone up with every album

You mean Calhoun. And comparing that to Tech is completely different. Tech sells enough records that its believable that when someone comes up to him and says "oh Tech that album was the shit", that they actually bought the album. Kutt, on the other hand, doesnt. He probably gets almost the same amount of people telling him that his album is awesome as much as Tech does, yet his first week album sales are 1/10 of Tech's. Obviously this is mostly due to Tech having a much larger fan base, but I'm sure a lot of it is also people DLing Kutt's albums. Ill admit that during the K.O.D. tour first time I went VIP, i talked to Kutt and told him how badass Feature Presentation was. I do not own that album to this day. I did however buy Raw and Unkutt, and completely understand why he would make that song.

Quote Originally Posted by T94LIFE
    Well who are the posers that are goin up to him and telling him "Kutt Kalhoun is the shit". You don't think that most of the fans are going up to Tech and telling him that instead of Kutt?

I dont know them personally because i support my muthafuckin artist i bought feature presentation at strictly strante the night befire iy was released i preordered it and it came with vip and i bought 4 copies of raw and unkutt so i could have one and give some to my friends but point is kutt has his reasons for bitching about it so let him do it it was a great fuckin song

Quote Originally Posted by T94LIFE

Listen here brospeh, Kutt was just being brutally honest in the song you described. A type of honesty that we as fans thirst for within modern hiphop.

Honesty that we should all expect from a modern day poet. Thats what the word R.A.P. is comprised of isnt it?? Rhythm and poetry. Yes kutty filed his grievances on this track. Of course we as humans have questioned loyalty in our lifetime.

Thats what kutty did on this track, but this track did more than just complain about the downside of his profession.

The conclusion of the track had more of a redemptive twist for its climax. Kutty states
    "so unless i croak,I aint never going to rest my throat,and will not depend on the likes of men cause God will bless my soul" meaning that as long as he is alive he will remain doing what he loves because his faith in God will ensure he is taken care of.

So in other words dont be worried because Kutty is an artist first and foremost and artists never stop painting they just take breaks.

in my opinion, his misplaced priorities are to blame. The guy's "buying out bars" and talking about his car for 3 songs, yet he complains about not being able to feed his family...