Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should Sign Strange (Revisited)

Who Should Sign Strange (Revisited)

Strange is a label with limited artist on the roster, and it should stay
    that way. Everyone on Strange has epic talents (besides Scoop, in my
    opinion). So why the fuck would Aaron and Travis sign every rapper that is featured on a Strange album? It seems like every single time Strange features someone new, this forum goes in a mania over that artist. And sure, Strange brings us some amazing talent, like Stevie Stone. And yeah, maybe he would be a great addition to Strange. But people who think Strange should sign K-Dean because of the ONE verse he did... or Irv Da Phenom, who is known for singing, even though Strange clearly has a gangster singer, being Kaliko. It just doesn't make sense. Irv is NOT talented enough to ride with Strange, in my opinion... and in the opinion of many others. Strange is a small roster label for a reason. Strange signs the top artist, not just the good artist. Look at Subnoise. They sign everyone, and they may just be the absolute worst label in the history of music. Unwritten Law and (hed) PE run that label, but groups like Kottonmouth give the label a horrible name. And that's exactly what would happen to Strange if they signed everyone. Someone posted a short list of some of the features Strange has had in the last few years. This is his list.1. Dalima
    2. Shadow
    3. K-Dean
    4. Brother J
    5. Alan Wayne
    6. Mistah FAB
    7. Dirtball
    8. Lebowski
    9. Irv Da Phenom
    10. Potluck
    11. Ron Ron
    12. Cash Image
    13. D-Locc Da Chop
    14. Craig Smith
    15. Nesto The OwnerLets look at that. Can you HONESTLY tell me any of those artist deserve to be on Strange? If so, you are sadly mistaken. I've stated before that I am a Mistah FAB fan, but even being a fan I know he wouldn't bring anything to Strange. Same for K-Dean. Sure, he killed shit on Midwest Choppers, but I personally haven't heard anything he has done besides that one verse, and I can bet that most of you haven't either. For all we (most) know, K-Dean could suck ass. So why proclaim that he should be signed?I'm revisiting this thread because the first one I made months ago was a tad bit ignorant, in which I insulted a very talented artist, being Stevie Stone. Since then, I have reviewed, re-listened, and rethought my opinions on these artist... and my opinion stands the same on most levels. I have a new found respect for Stone, and I can say I am a fan of his work now. But as for the rest (yes, including Slaughterhouse), I will still say they don't belong on Strange. If it was up to me, I would fire Scoob's illiterate ass and replace him with Stevie Stone and Hopsin. But besides those two artist, I can't even imagine anyone else signing with Strange. Sure, I'd LOVE to see Busta Rhymes and DMX sign... but then Tech N9ne wouldn't be the main attraction, and that is very vital to Strange. Its HIS label. Tech really can't sign anyone bigger then him, it just doesn't work like that. Imagine KISS signing a deal with Metallica... its just not logical. discuss.hate.flame.cry.begin!

They need to keep Cognito, he is one of the most talented artist I've ever heard. He is in my top 5 all time favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by D22iK
    None of them should be signed. Phenom is the front runner, beside Stevie but I say no to both. They're fine for features here and there but don't need to be apart of the team. If you ask me, they have too many as it is. Cog isn't happy and Scoob is mediocre. They just need another lyrical guy. That iKing guy is who I pick lol

revisited is much better. The last one pissed me off. This one is a much more level headed opinion. THIS is the kinda thread i like to see. It states an opinion, acknowledges the other side of the argument, and then leaves room for response.

I really like Mistah Fab and i think talent wise, yes he could roll with strange. But i just dont see his matchin up with SM consistantly. Slaughterhouse as well. Your proabably right that they dont go well with SM, but that doesnt mean they dont have talent.

As far as the "Are you serious?" post... see thread for my response.

I don't get the last thing you said... am I serious about what? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Colin P.
    revisited is much better. The last one pissed me off. This one is a much more level headed opinion. THIS is the kinda thread i like to see. It states an opinion, acknowledges the other side of the argument, and then leaves room for response.

I really like Mistah Fab and i think talent wise, yes he could roll with strange. But i just dont see his matchin up with SM consistantly. Slaughterhouse as well. Your proabably right that they dont go well with SM, but that doesnt mean they dont have talent.

What are u talking about Kottonmouth gives the label a bad name? Kottonmouth are the whole reason that label even exist. They built that shit!! I'm not saying KMK is the greatest or anything but you can't knock em for what they've accomplished. You do know that Kottonmouth is the top selling artist on the label right? Yes they sell more than Hed Pe. Hed Pe is the shit though!! What's funny is how everybody talks about how bad that label is but their in the top of independent labels so they must be doing something right. What I'm trying to figure out though is why people take the time so much to hate on artist and labels that are successful and are out there doing their thing and getting paid. If you don't like them then move on and talk about the shit you do like.

Heres my list and neither are signed with anyone at the time

i guess i meant "Why so serious? Serious?"...whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Native LunaticT
    I don't get the last thing you said... am I serious about what? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Colin P.

lol @ you, kid. KMK is the shittiest thing my ears have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grip Tippzy
    What are u talking about Kottonmouth gives the label a bad name? Kottonmouth are the whole reason that label even exist. They built that shit!! I'm not saying KMK is the greatest or anything but you can't knock em for what they've accomplished. You do know that Kottonmouth is the top selling artist on the label right? Yes they sell more than Hed Pe. Hed Pe is the shit though!! What's funny is how everybody talks about how bad that label is but their in the top of independent labels so they must be doing something right. What I'm trying to figure out though is why people take the time so much to hate on artist and labels that are successful and are out there doing their thing and getting paid. If you don't like them then move on and talk about the shit you do like.

Lol @ your opinion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Native LunaticT
    lol @ you, kid. KMK is the shittiest thing my ears have ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip Tippzy

i think they should sign Dienasty