Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech N9ne, Hip Hop and other crap...been a minute, just lettin it all out.

Tech N9ne, Hip Hop and other crap...been a minute, just lettin it all out.

So. like alot of people, been listenin to Tech N9ne since 1999. I love his music and love the way he adapts without ruining his character and integrity. do i like ALLLLLLL his songs, no. but for the most part he is the best rapper and talented rapper and entertainer i ever seen next to michael jackson (entertainer).

Alot of people dick ride, some say they are not, but its obvious who does and who doesnt, no need to point fingers. i dont call any particular people on here dick riders, it is what it is. i havent been on in awhile because it seems people argue alot on here, opinions are opinions and aint nobody gunna agree with everyone 100% of the time. Bottom line, everyone on here is a TECHNICIAN and thats why we come here, to discuss Tech N9ne and other rap/hip-hop topics and other random things at times, and to support this man and his movement and be apart of his climb to the top.

Thats my thoughts as of late on Tech N9ne and this here forum.

Now, the state of hip-hop has been bothering me alot latley and for awhile i thought i was trippin and it was just me until i read some stuff on here and when some one mentioned Tech n Cognito sayin "i miss the way hip hip use to be" or sumn along those lines. and its obvious. Rap is and has been changing. I miss the way it was. From like 1993-2007ish rap was a ceratain way, and although it did change, it remained the same, just grew. But all of a sudden, it seemed after the whole hyphy movement died downthis new wave of posers came in....Wack skinny jeans and and mow hawks...WTF !? im all about originality, i mean, look at tech n9ne, but its all a commercialized FAD and im from the old school and dont care what anyone says, THAT SHIT AINT HIP HOP. PERIOD.

and if they do happen to have any skills, they didnt come from any background where they can spit some real stuff or issues. Just bred for radio and lil teenage white girls. and soem of the old schoolers who have survived and maintained thorugh all these chamges have changed to much and went to far into the commercialization. JAY-Z has survived and is still "on top" in the public, but hge has sold out and let money change him to much. LIL WAYNE, i always liked him. but i do not like his new material. i dont hate the guy, just aint feelin him or his adjustment to modern hip hop.

And the sad thing is is that all the og's are still spittin great shit with no recognition, like KURUPT, DAZ, XZIBIT, BONE THUGS (solo n group albums), ICE CUBE, DJ QUIK, E-40, MESSY MARV, DEVIN THE DUDE, BUSTA RHYMES, 8BALL & MJG, and i can go on. Its a shame the industry shut the doors on these guys when they are still doin theyre thing waaaay better than these radio punks and thyre music gets lil to no radio love....straight B.S.

The og's who still cool are EMINEM & SNOOP to name a few and it makes me happy when i hear them on the radio still because they my genertaion and still doin they thing in a big way.

and well, those have been my thoughts and i had to get em out since its been a minute since i logged in. these are MY OPINIONS, just xpressin em.

Busta Rhymes gets recognition.... i personally don't like him that much from what i've heard from him tho, but i admit he might be a lot better than what i've heard

Looks like we have basically the same opinions

ya busta gets recognition, and so does ice cube...but i dont know about where u live or your from, but when those guys make a song and it hits the radio, it doesnt lat long....they sart off playing it late at night, then when it comes on during day it gets played like 1-3 times through out the day and it stays out for like 2 weeks and slows down then never played again. Ice cube came out with a banger and they put that back on the shelf real quik. sorry asses.

Busta Fell off after Anarchy. He got rid of the that made him unique.

Question for some of you guys. Tech always mentions how busta credited him for his lyrics and tech has the same appreciation for busta in return. Where the hell is their collab?

i thought this collabo album woulda featured busta, snoop and young buck since talks of all of them took place before the GMP dropped. but it was still cool. i just hope to see these collabos in the near future.

I'm sure if he does collab with Busta, it will be for a Tech Album, not a collab album. Just like how he put Scarface, Ice Cube & Paul Wall On "Killer"

ya i guess his collabos arent strictly on his collabo albums

i share ur opinion a 100%