Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: am i the only one?

am i the only one?

i feel like im the only one on this site that is feelin TGMP i mean personally its probably gonna be my favorite album. but everyone else has opposite opinions on it but whatev. i think the albums fuckin fire!!

Nope. There are a lot of people on here who love it. Just not me.

Thats great!
    Everyone has their own opinion! You just chose to announce yours!

true true. what do you think could have been improved more?

i thought that album was AMAZING
    tech just keeps stepping his game up

I jsut feel Tech's lyrics weren't up to par with Anghelic and Absolute Power... Etc. Kali wasn't being as awesome on his hooks to me. The other people like Jay Rock and such just not doin it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Harding

Ok this is opinion so don't take offense but i don't get what your saying. Anghellic was hard. Maybe one of his best. But Absolute Power?? I think that was his lamest album overall. I think TGMP was tough. Jay Rock is typically not someone i listen too but he killed it. Tech didn't have an off point in this entire album. This to me is damn near perfect. I understand on Kali. Was very disappointed in his stuff but he also had the Shock Treatment album to do. Irv did an awesome job filling in for Kali. And this is a Collabs album. Its nothing like Anghellic or AP. Thats like saying MLK wasn't good cause it wasn't up to par like Killer. The newer tech fans just don't get his evolution cause they haven't been there since the beginning. Not saying thats you we just have different opinions. I really like TGMP. If ya'll are still doubting tech just wait till 6s and 7s comes out and all of you will eat your words. This is a collabs so people need to stop judgeing it like its a Solo. The concept on this wasn't what Techs concepts usually are and the Solo will prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kenny Jr
    I jsut feel Tech's lyrics weren't up to par with Anghelic and Absolute Power... Etc. Kali wasn't being as awesome on his hooks to me. The other people like Jay Rock and such just not doin it for me.

amen to that!! collabos albums are kinda just for fun and to work with other artists. solo albums are more from the heart but this album is fuckin amazing IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nick James
    Ok this is opinion so don't take offense but i don't get what your saying. Anghellic was hard. Maybe one of his best. But Absolute Power?? I think that was his lamest album overall. I think TGMP was tough. Jay Rock is typically not someone i listen too but he killed it. Tech didn't have an off point in this entire album. This to me is damn near perfect. I understand on Kali. Was very disappointed in his stuff but he also had the Shock Treatment album to do. Irv did an awesome job filling in for Kali. And this is a Collabs album. Its nothing like Anghellic or AP. Thats like saying MLK wasn't good cause it wasn't up to par like Killer. The newer tech fans just don't get his evolution cause they haven't been there since the beginning. Not saying thats you we just have different opinions. I really like TGMP. If ya'll are still doubting tech just wait till 6s and 7s comes out and all of you will eat your words. This is a collabs so people need to stop judgeing it like its a Solo. The concept on this wasn't what Techs concepts usually are and the Solo will prove that.

Ok ya I get your point. Touche sir. That was my bad in comparing this to a solo album. Personally I like MLK and Sickology far more than this. Mlk was a completely perfect Collab to me. Then Sickology was very poppy and mainstrem sounding and it worked with all the partying and chill songs he put in it. I have Absolute Power up in my favorite Tech/ Strange list. I also get what ya mean by sayin Kali is working on Shock Treatment. It's just Krizz has a huge shadow from Vitillago then Genius. It is hard to continually do what Strange does. Make so much that everone is gunna like, as often as they do. And I agree with the point that 6's and 7's will kill. I am sure of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick James

I'm still up in the air on TGMP. First time I listened i was like "wtf is this", but i gave it a few more listens and now I feel like its a good album. But I don't think it's on par with any of Tech's other Collabo albums. Tech killed basically every verse, but some of the features were lame (Sundae, I'm looking at you...again), and some of the beats and hooks weren't as good imo.