Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ORIGIN OF THE BEST MAN.

ORIGIN OF THE BEST MAN.

The tradition of a best man has its origin with the Germanic Goths, when it was customary and preferable for a man to marry a woman from within his own community. When women came into short supply "locally," eligible bachelors would have to seek out and capture a bride from a neighboring community. As you might guess, this was not a one-person operation, and so the future bridegroom would be accompanied by a male companion who would help. Our custom of the best man is a throwback to that two-man, strong-armed tactic, for, of course the future groom would select only the best man he knew to come along for such an important task. The role of the best man evolved. By 200 A.D. his task was still more than just safeguarding the ring. There remained a real threat that the bride's family would attempt to forcibly obtain her return, so the best man remained at the groom's side throughout the marriage ceremony, alert and well-armed. He continued his duties after the ceremony by standing guard as sentry outside the newlywed's home. Much of this is German folklore, but is not without written documentation and physical artifacts. We have records that indicate that beneath the altars of many churches of early peoples (the Huns, Goths, Visigoths, and Vandals) there lay an arsenal of clubs, knives, and spears. The indication is that these were there to protect the groom from possible attack by the bride's family in an attempt to recapture her.

Makes sence huh??

And this is something i found online so its not something i made up.

Yeah. Not the song. The best man used to take the bride from other villages. Not from the groom. LOL.

LOL Sorry N Shit. You said it and I thought Kutt.

i dont know why but i had this whole scenario of a beast man in my head lol

Fuck you Reelshit! Oh...wait, no. Someone else posted irrelevant shit.

I kid.

Hahahaha. If the world news is gonna be used by a joke anyways then i'll post this shit. LOL. I thought it was interesting and figured alot of the dudes would relate. I know i'd like to have my best friend steal me a good wife sometimes LOL> And all good Redtom. Its a good song. At least your thinking Kutt right now with his album just dropped. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Rasta
    Fuck you Reelshit! Oh...wait, no. Someone else posted irrelevant shit.

I kid.

Raw and Unkutt has been on rotation since it's release. Pretty dope CD. Just wish I had more cash so I could gift it to a few people and get Kutt out there. "Somethings gotta give" and "sayin my name" make me feel guilty LOL. He didn't have to put the "we want tech" chant to make matters worse. Thats just dirty whatever city did that.

<p ="text-align: left;">