Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: yo yo my other artist and technicans what do yall use to make ya music

yo yo my other artist and technicans what do yall use to make ya music

ok i got a daliema I've got like 6 songs I've wrote and I got a lab top but i don't know how to record the songs. what do yall use. do yall known any good cheap or free programs to mix music. any good mic/webcams yall would recommend. also is there anyone who can hold a note that would wanna collab? let me know all advice/comments are wanted.. please..!!! lol

Halii has got an angels voice! collab with her lol. oh yeah also if youre serious about it just pay hopsin and he'll do the whole thing and drop a sick ass verse while hes at it lol well worth the paper.

audacity works fine

cool edit if you can crack it

Well When I started I used Audacity beta (FREE) Cool Edit Pro 2 and Audition (which essentially Cool Edit 3) Which are good Programs to start on, And You can Get them online, Now I'm Using Logic Pro 9, Which is Pretty awesome, But its for Mac, So I'll instead Recommend, Pro Tools or Cubase, If you can get these programs they are a great choice, Whether paid for or not.

As for microphones I Use a rode nt2a, Great Sound on that Guy, ( I don't Know your Budget but if You Could save for Maybe even the NT1a which is around $300 new, Only Problem is you gotta get a mixer or interface or both aswell. Now if you can't do that your next best bet is a USB Condenser Mic you could get them anywhere between $75-$125 anything less than that, you prolly won't be happy with... unless this is just a fun hobby for you I'll Be honest, My first 4 songs i did were on a Computer microphone i got at the dollar store for 50 cents, I Quickly Moved past that. anyways I just woke up so i'm ramblin like a motherfucker so lets Break it down:

BROKE ASS BUDGET
    Cheap Computer Chat Mic ($.50 - $10)
    Audacity (Free)
    Cheap Ear buds (free - $10)
    Total: $.50 - $20

MOVIN UP IN THE WORLD BUDGET
    USB Condenser Mic ($75 - $125)
    Adobe Auditon ($350 or Free)
    Decent head phones ($50)
    Total $125 - $525

My Set Up
    Rode NT2a (was $600 now it's around $500)
    2 KRK Rokit 5 Monitors about $380 together
    Yamaha mw10c Usb Mixer/interface ($200)
    Logic Studio 9 ($600)
    total: $1780 Plus applicable Taxes

Now Even if your Stuck with the lesser quality hardware, software can do amazing things to improve it, so look up some mixing tutorials and learn some stuff.

Also I'm Down to collab on rap shit, Not much of a singer tho so don't come to me for that.
    My Youtube Channel is RebelMusicDotBiz which is essentially my Websites domain name aswell so check me out and if your interested contact me there.

much love to you too siikez! <3

i'll do hooks any time. mind i'm gonna be a little slow about it while i'm getting all of my recording shit moved to the denver crib.

my setup is a KORG D888 digital recording studio, Fruity Loops for beats, Adobe Audition, and an MXL 990 condenser mic. one for vocals, one for instruments.

send me a message if you want my e-mail to talk about collabin.

Quote Originally Posted by Siikez
    Halii has got an angels voice! collab with her lol. oh yeah also if youre serious about it just pay hopsin and he'll do the whole thing and drop a sick ass verse while hes at it lol well worth the paper.

My Setup

Mac Laptop
    Logic pro
    Mbox 2 (w/ protools but i use logic instead)
    AVG perception 200 condenser microphone
    mackie speakers (not sure what model they my roomates, who also have 2 other mac computers) mac is the way to go for audio, much faster and time efficient. Logic pro is the best audio recording/mixing/composition program out there in my opinion, get that shit and youre on your way to something more. Other than that you aint gotta sepend much on a mic and preamp, i got a deal on everything when i bought it but i got the mixing down so hard that my hardware aint as important as it used to be. But where money comes quality in so many realms, so there will always be better things out there if you can afford it.

on a side note that avg perception is clean as fuck for being so cheap at like 200 bucks. so if you aint got a lot to spend keep that in mind

anybody wanna help me? i use FL and im good with the drums, snares, hihats and all that shit but im not with instruments like strings, and brass instruments

right click the channel for the instrument you'd like to use, and choose 'piano roll.'
    lay down the notes. you can change the length. if you need them to be shorter, use the highlight tool, click on the wrench on the top bar and select 'chop.' you can chop them however you'd like.
    or, if you want to lay down a basic chord progression, you can mess with a bunch of different chords by clicking the arrow on the top bar of the piano roll, and selecting 'chords.' when you set a note, the chord will form itself around that note.

if you need help with anything else feel free to ask me. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux NDN
    anybody wanna help me? i use FL and im good with the drums, snares, hihats and all that shit but im not with instruments like strings, and brass instruments

i know all that stuff but im just not good at it

Quote Originally Posted by Halii
    right click the channel for the instrument you'd like to use, and choose 'piano roll.'
    lay down the notes. you can change the length. if you need them to be shorter, use the highlight tool, click on the wrench on the top bar and select 'chop.' you can chop them however you'd like.
    or, if you want to lay down a basic chord progression, you can mess with a bunch of different chords by clicking the arrow on the top bar of the piano roll, and selecting 'chords.' when you set a note, the chord will form itself around that note.

well, from there it's just music theory, and that's something i couldn't teach you well over the internet homie... sorry.
    just do some trial and error and figure out what sounds good.
    if you use multiple instruments, make sure it's in the same key, meaning it's most of the same notes and it doesn't clash.
    like when you play a natural (white key) and an accidental (black key) at the same time and it sounds like a cat screeching, you wanna avoid that... unless that's what you're going for.

i know all that stuff but im just not good at it
    Quote Originally Posted by Halii