Thread: kod dvd cut outs

kod dvd cut outs

why did they cut out the paul wall part in bout 2 bubble and the beging of cry baby

they cut out the extra parts of bout to bubble cuz they use other people's beats and dont want to get sued for using them to make money in the dvd. they also took out the mj part in i see it.

I'm not positive about the "Cry Baby" thing, but for "'Bout ta Bubble" I believe they have to cut out the Paul Wall (+E40, Busta Rhymes & Ludacris) parts due to legal issues. I think the law says you can perform covers/interpretations at concerts for free, but once you try to make money off of them (i.e.: sell a performance of that cover/interpretation on dvd) it becomes a legal matter because said person (Strange Music in this case) does not own the rights to those songs.

They can get the rights, but that is more paper work and cost a lot more money. It's the same reason the performance of "I See It" didn't have the Michael Jackson part. They didn't have the rights to use the songs for selling purposes.

Hope that help out and made sense.

I don't get it. What is cut out? The only part in bout to bubble with Paul Wall is "Paul Wall said he'd do me up a red grill". That would have absolutely nothing to do with suing or legal shit. Can't sue someone for saying your name in a song.

I don't get what FTI said either. They use other peoples beats on Bout 2 Bubble? I have never heard of that, and it's always been the same beat as far as I know.

Aaron, what are you talking about concerning the E40, Busta and Luda comment?

I think I'm just missing something here, so don't flame me or anything. Just sayin'. lol

If you have seen them perform that song, then you would know why..

Quote Originally Posted by STARKILLER
    I don't get it. What is cut out? The only part in bout to bubble with Paul Wall is "Paul Wall said he'd do me up a red grill". That would have absolutely nothing to do with suing or legal shit. Can't sue someone for saying your name in a song.

I don't get what FTI said either. They use other peoples beats on Bout 2 Bubble? I have never heard of that, and it's always been the same beat as far as I know.

I think I'm just missing something here, so don't flame me or anything. Just sayin'. lol

This. See it live and in person and you'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic E.D.
    If you have seen them perform that song, then you would know why..

When he says "everybody hyphy" the beat switches to a mac dre beat and they go stupid....also with the paul wall part, and with the line "40 water he show me alot in this business" and it switches to the track tell me when to go...Its one on the most bad ass songs tech does live...Go to a show and see it yadddaammeaaan!!!