Thread: Workout Help

Workout Help

I been plannin on lifting weights and practicing boxing over this summer. I already been doing weight lifting, i got into my boxing, but i dont know if im doing it right. Heres my schedule.

I do a boxing workout before every weight lifting session.

1.)Abdominal stuff

2.)Core stuff

3.)Punching Bag stuff

Then i do this for each day.

Mondy - Chest, and Tricep's

Tuesday - Bicep, and Forearms

Wednesday - Break

Thursday - Shoulders, Neck, and Forearms

Friday - Legs

Weekend - Break

Im just wondering if im doin it right, And if i am, how should i do the reps and sets?

Dont post hate up here. I looked over the internet, and some say to do this, and some say to do that. So i just wanna know how to do it from someone thats actually done it and had it work for them.

Pretty close.For boxing your actually better off with out weights i heard and just do body resistance. But like i said thats what i heard from a boxer from cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Carey
    The basic set up on building muscles is three days a week. For building mass, do 85% of max 6-9 times over three sets. Muscle endurace, 65% of max 9-12 times over three to five sets. Ex. If the most you can curl is 50 lbs, that is you max. So to build mass, you would do 6-9 42 lbs curls for three sets. This is off memory from what I learned years ago so it might not be 100% accurate.

All good. I was actually on a different topic with the rest of my post. I thought you were pretty close with the info though. YOu know more then i did until i talked to a personal trainer. LOL. And my info isn't first hand. Its from a boxer that i knew briefly. He got knocked out in the 3rd round of his first pro fight after he blew off workouts though so i can't vouche for how accurate they are.

I should have started off by saying that was the basic set up for a general muscle endurance/strength workout and not something designated for boxing. My bad. Ive did several types of martial arts years ago but I dont remember any specific exercises that could would be beneficial for boxing specifically. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Laird
    Pretty close.For boxing your actually better off with out weights i heard and just do body resistance. But like i said thats what i heard from a boxer from cleveland

The basic set up on building muscles is three days a week. For building mass, do 85% of max 6-9 times over three sets. Muscle endurace, 65% of max 9-12 times over three to five sets. Ex. If the most you can curl is 50 lbs, that is you max. So to build mass, you would do 6-9 42 lbs curls for three sets. This is off memory from what I learned years ago so it might not be 100% accurate.

are you counting punching bag for cardio or where does that fit in? just make sure that you're switching up the exercises that you do with weight lifting. the body is a crazy thing and if you're doin the same shit everytime, you aren't going to get the results you'd like. I have no experience with training for boxing but i've done weight lifting courses quite a few times. good for you on this shit man, that's what's up. do work, son

Co sign on the switching it up. When i talked to a personal trainer he said he switches the work outs AT LEAST every month. Most of the time every week or two cause your muscles grow memory and it doesn't stress them to do the same thing over and over. Am i right jackie or did i get some bad info. I didn't do it cause fuck the work outs. LOL>

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie
    are you counting punching bag for cardio or where does that fit in? just make sure that you're switching up the exercises that you do with weight lifting. the body is a crazy thing and if you're doin the same shit everytime, you aren't going to get the results you'd like. I have no experience with training for boxing but i've done weight lifting courses quite a few times. good for you on this shit man, that's what's up. do work, son

Me either. I thought that was the whole point of boxing. Thats fucking stupid. Sounds like you coulda been a beast.

When I was younger and actually worked out, I had two local amateur boxing matches. One TKO and one knockout. With my TKO, they said I was "too aggressive" and wouldnt let me box in the arena anymore so I quit. I still dont understand what that means.

All good. I was actually on a different topic with the rest of my post. I thought you were pretty close with the info though. YOu know more then i did until i talked to a personal trainer. LOL. And my info isn't first hand. Its from a boxer that i knew briefly. He got knocked out in the 3rd round of his first pro fight after he blew off workouts though so i can't vouche for how accurate they are.

I should have started off by saying that was the basic set up for a general muscle endurance/strength workout and not something designated for boxing. My bad. Ive did several types of martial arts years ago but I dont remember any specific exercises that could would be beneficial for boxing specifically. Sorry.