Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on Stevie Stone's Momentum

thoughts on Stevie Stone's Momentum

I'm listening to it now, on the third track so when I'm done with it I'll give my thoughts but for anyone who's gotten their copy and listened to it in full feel free to comment with your opinions on it.

I think I remember someone in the thread for the Momentum music video say that Stevie doesn't always have the best lyrics, but he's got good flow and great production, and I think that's a great way to explain this EP, although I enjoyed the production on Rollin' Stone better. After two listens I liked Gettin' Ugly and Outer Lane, those were probably my favorite tracks. Momentum was a good song for gettin' hype. Didn't really care for Turn It Up that much. The first verse on Feel Good was good, but I honestly couldn't stand the girl on the hook. Jump wasn't that good imo, I liked Kutt's verse though, though it wasn't anything special imo. Long Time Comin' was good but didn't feel like a big closer for the EP imo. Overall, I think it was a good EP, but that's it, nothing more, nothing less. People that really like Stevie Stone are probably gonna be happy with this release and people that don't like him probably aren't gonna be swayed I don't think. Stone's strong point is his delivery no doubt. This EP felt like a project full of songs that didn't quite make the album cut, none of them were awesome or great imo, but most of them were decent, it was all EP worthy material to me, but nothing was stellar.

I'm suprised it hasn't leaked

I think it's pretty dope, but I have only gotten the chance to listen to it one time through so far. Gettin' Ugly goes hard as fuck, and Jump was another stand out track for me. What you said though..People that really enjoy Stone's music, like myself, will more than likely be happy with this release. However, if you aren't a big Stone fan, then this might not pop at you, because other than two or three tracks there isn't anything that REALLY stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

I think I remember someone in the thread for the Momentum music video say that Stevie doesn't always have the best lyrics, but he's got good flow and great production, and I think that's a great way to explain this EP, although I enjoyed the production on Rollin' Stone better. After two listens I liked Gettin' Ugly and Outer Lane, those were probably my favorite tracks. Momentum was a good song for gettin' hype. Didn't really care for Turn It Up that much. The first verse on Feel Good was good, but I honestly couldn't stand the girl on the hook. Jump wasn't that good imo, I liked Kutt's verse though, though it wasn't anything special imo. Long Time Comin' was good but didn't feel like a big closer for the EP imo. Overall, I think it was a good EP, but that's it, nothing more, nothing less. People that really like Stevie Stone are probably gonna be happy with this release and people that don't like him probably aren't gonna be swayed I don't think. Stone's strong point is his delivery no doubt. This EP felt like a project full of songs that didn't quite make the album cut, none of them were awesome or great imo, but most of them were decent, it was all EP worthy material to me, but nothing was stellar.

On this note, it is out there. I like it, his music always gets me hyped up although I dont listen too much for the content. Im not saying he doesn't have some tracks with substance tho, it's just not where I relate.

Quote Originally Posted by JetblacK

I agree about Stevie, I really just listen to his music when I lift or when I'm partying. Where'd you dl it from though? I can't find it anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Blades

On this note, it is out there. I like it, his music always gets me hyped up although I dont listen too much for the content. Im not saying he doesn't have some tracks with substance tho, it's just not where I relate.

When I first heard the snippets I was really hyped for this EP, now that I heard the whole thing, I didn't like it that much. The kinda beats Stone raps over require a faster flow in my opinion. Stevie would be a lot better if he rapped faster.

Does anyone have the production credits?

It took me a little while to find it but I got it from a russian site, rapshare.ru

I agree about Stevie, I really just listen to his music when I lift or when I'm partying. Where'd you dl it from though? I can't find it anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Blades

1. Momentum

Jarrel "Diesel Beatz" Walters

2. Gettin Ugly

Timothy "TeeJayDaGreat" James

3. Outer Lane

Joseph D. "Jelly Joe" Young

4. Turn It Up

Jeffery "Frizz" James For The Countyboys

5. Feels Good

Josh "Karbon" Brunstetter

6. Jump feat. Kutt Calhoun and Spaide Ripper

Timothy "TeeJayDaGreat" James

7. Long Time Comin'

Josh "Karbon" Brunstetter

It's dope to me and definitely hits hard in the whip.

It might just be me, I like his shit, but sometimes it seems his songs are too short....where the third verse at, lol.

I know it's an EP, but a runtime of 21:48??

Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

Does anyone have the production credits?