Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lets talk funk volume

lets talk funk volume

aite so i hadn checked out who hopsin has been signin recently sept for dizzy and i like him okay from what ive heard. i justed checked out jarren benton and holy shit he is horrible idk how he got on he is complete wannabe radio but not even good enough for that garbage...and im guessin the white guy is dj hoppa?

honestly, I listen to Jarren Benton more than anybody else on FV. Freebasing with kevin bacon, Huffing glue with hasselhoff, and his Beatgods mixtape gets more rotation in my iPod than Hopsin does (considering Hop only has Gazing at the moonlight and RAW).

Dizzy sucks IMO, the best weed/life rapper is Curren$y IMO.

SwizZz, I like a FEW (only like 1 or 2) of his songs, but nothing that's ever on repeat.

DJ Hoppa has a mixtape called "Sticks and stems" but i could care less.

Funk Volume 2012 releases:

Dizzy Wright - Smokeout Conversations [Album]

Dizzy Wright - Smokeout Conversations [Mixtape]

Dizzy Wright - 1st amendment [EP]..... NOVEMBER 2012

Hopsin -
    • Ill Mind of Hopsin 5
    • XXL magazine cover
      • also, 1 song called West Coast Eclipse

• BET Cypher

Jarren Benton - Freebasing with Kevin Bacon [Mixtape]

SwizZz - a few shitty songs

Videos:

Hopsin
    • Ill Mind of Hopsin 5
    • Hop Madness

Dizzy Wright - Independent Living

SwizZz - maybe 1 or 2 shitty videos

Jarren Benton
    • Lean
    • Half Ounce, Quarter pound ........ COMING SOON

***I could me missing a few songs and/or videos, but the above is all I could think of right now

Hopsin is the only FV artist i listen to. Out of the rest of them, Swizzz is trash, what ive heard from Dizzy is repetitive but decent I guess, and I've only heard a few Jarren Benton songs and I didn't like any of them.

yea thats how i feel about them hopsin is dope the other ones are either barely decent or terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Cole

Hopsin is the only FV artist i listen to. Out of the rest of them, Swizzz is trash, what ive heard from Dizzy is repetitive but decent I guess, and I've only heard a few Jarren Benton songs and I didn't like any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by EVLNSTX

honestly, I listen to Jarren Benton more than anybody else on FV. Freebasing with kevin bacon, Huffing glue with hasselhoff, and his Beatgods mixtape gets more rotation in my iPod than Hopsin does (considering Hop only has Gazing at the moonlight and RAW).

SwizZz, I like a FEW (only like 1 or 2) of his songs, but nothing that's ever on repeat.

opps didn mean to second that...but i was gonna post this....i know people gonna be like oh the jokerr is just a gimmik shitty rapper but he mad a good damn point at the end of sidekick with how wish washy hop is...i didn really like ill mind 5 i mean he is a beast lyricist but it was really preachy..he talks all that shit about stayin clean and bein different than all the stuff comen out on the radio but yet he produces dizzy who sounds like wiz and jarren who just talks about doing crazy drugs and imo he is not even good at it lol...hop has went from one of my favorites to one that is really comen off as a sell out

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Cherry

Quote Originally Posted by EVLNSTX

I like Dizzy Wright because he can talk about more than just weed, some of his deeper shit is really good. But I do skip most of his smoking songs, although some of them are decent/listenable. Didn't like his mixtape though, but I did like the album. Still listen to Hop but I wish we'd actually get some more music from him. I do have to laugh though when people say "If Hop didn't talk about shitty rappers he wouldn't have much to talk about" it's slightly true, even though he can do SO much more. SwizZz sucks on solo shit 'n he's only had a few decent guest features imo. Never really cared for Jarren Benton and his live performance didn't really convince me either, he just kinda jumped around 'n yelled 'n tried to have the crowd finish his lines when no one knew them lol. I met Dizzy, Hop, Hoppa, Dame and Benton at a meet 'n greet 'n they were all cool, Hopsin is funny as hell. Dizzy and Hopsin both have great live shows for anyone who hasn't seen them live yet. Hopsin is hype as fuck, he crowd surfed, walked on the crowd, brought people up on stage to do SwizZz's verse for How You Like Me Now since he wasn't there, great experience. I understand why some people don't like any of them though, I only listen to about half of FV atm.

basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole

yea i hadn met any of em but in hopsins interviews he seems like he would be cool...and lmao at jarren benton tryin to get people to finish his lines hahahaha for real i had good laugh from that he is just comen out and he thinks people all ready know his shit thats rich

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

I like Dizzy Wright because he can talk about more than just weed, some of his deeper shit is really good. But I do skip most of his smoking songs, although some of them are decent/listenable. Didn't like his mixtape though, but I did like the album. Still listen to Hop but I wish we'd actually get some more music from him. I do have to laugh though when people say "If Hop didn't talk about shitty rappers he wouldn't have much to talk about" it's slightly true, even though he can do SO much more. SwizZz sucks on solo shit 'n he's only had a few decent guest features imo. Never really cared for Jarren Benton and his live performance didn't really convince me either, he just kinda jumped around 'n yelled 'n tried to have the crowd finish his lines when no one knew them lol. I met Dizzy, Hop, Hoppa, Dame and Benton at a meet 'n greet 'n they were all cool, Hopsin is funny as hell. Dizzy and Hopsin both have great live shows for anyone who hasn't seen them live yet. Hopsin is hype as fuck, he crowd surfed, walked on the crowd, brought people up on stage to do SwizZz's verse for How You Like Me Now since he wasn't there, great experience. I understand why some people don't like any of them though, I only listen to about half of FV atm.