Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quality, not Quantity..

Quality, not Quantity..

Recently a thread came up regarding Tech's break between Absolute Power and Everready, which got me thinking, quality, not quantity. Most artists put out LP's every couple of years or so, and it gives them enough time to get features, and the quality of their songs, and verses up. Even though people might get all pissy for this, I'm just going to use him as an example...Lil Wayne came out with The Carter 2 in December of 2005, and didn't drop The Carter 3 till August 2008. Within that time he was able to make the album out to be whatever he wanted. He wasn't rushed, he didn't have to move on without other peoples verses, he put out the LP he wanted. The success of that album doesn't need to be reiterated, because everyone here knows or has heard most of that album. It's my opinion that Tech needs to start doing something similar. I think everyone would agree that the wait would be worth it if Tech dropped an album like Everready every 2 or 3 years. I would be more then happy with a bunch of Collabo's albums since I know he treats them like mix tapes anyway, but I think its time for him to slow down and take his time on his own albums. If he wants Correy Taylor on his album, then he needs to give him time. If he wants Twista on his album, then he needs to give him time. etc. etc. etc. The more Tech rushes, the more we end up being frustrated when songs don't make the cut, or verses don't get sent back in time, because we all know it happens much to often. What does everybody else think? Should Tech actually take more time on his albums, or does nobody really care as long as they have something new to play?My opinion should be clear based off my earlier statements, but I'm curious to hear what my fellow fans think. T9X

I agree but Tech's shit is too good to wait for other people. I think they need to get their shit in on time if they want tech's fans to hear it. I would be PISSED if tech waited a couple of years between cds though. I constantly want new tech shit. Now if he would take his time and write some hard ass fast lyricall type shit then i could wait a year for that but not the layoff to everready:the religion.

well his upcoming album is a collabos n idont think we gon get a solo till 2011...as far as taking 2-3 years to do a solo,with all the exposure hes getting right now he cant do that...if tech was an established rapper in the mainstream then maybe he could have the luxory of doing that again. not having correy taylor or twista on his albums isnt all that dissapointing for me...twista's lazy ass didnt even get his shit in on time for bone thugs n that shit was supposed to b released last year. all in all tech is making a serious push into the mainstream right now he has to bring in new fans not just satisfy old ones.

Co sign but he said the solo might come out this year due to Kabosh getting pushed back. Start crossing fingers bianca's.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ diaz
    well his upcoming album is a collabos n idont think we gon get a solo till 2011...as far as taking 2-3 years to do a solo,with all the exposure hes getting right now he cant do that...if tech was an established rapper in the mainstream then maybe he could have the luxory of doing that again. not having correy taylor or twista on his albums isnt all that dissapointing for me...twista's lazy ass didnt even get his shit in on time for bone thugs n that shit was supposed to b released last year. all in all tech is making a serious push into the mainstream right now he has to bring in new fans not just satisfy old ones.

honestly theres really not that even big of a difference between his collabos and his solos.. his colabs always have 4-5 pure solo songs on their.. which is pretty much what he has on his solo albums.. if you pay attention.. in my opinion collabos are just techs opinion to put out a bad album...
    he needs to take a break yeah... this ollie gates shit sounds awful so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Laird
    Co sign but he said the solo might come out this year due to Kabosh getting pushed back. Start crossing fingers bianca's.

4-5??mlk had 3,sickology had 2...how can u say The Mixplate sounds awful based off 1 song....i know we're all entitled to our opinions but urs r fuckin stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp Limp
    honestly theres really not that even big of a difference between his collabos and his solos.. his colabs always have 4-5 pure solo songs on their.. which is pretty much what he has on his solo albums.. if you pay attention.. in my opinion collabos are just techs opinion to put out a bad album...

I think Tech knows what he capable of. Im not saying time wouldent bring better quality. But look at his album Killer. He made that in 28 days, and i still bang it. K.O.D. and sickology 101 i liked both of em. If you want a artist that sticks with the same kind of beats then listen to a mainstream rapper. I dont mean that in a bad way either, some mainstream rappers have talent. Anyone agree?

My bad i dident read what JJ diaz put before i typed this up.

I wouldent base the Ollie Gates off of one song. O.G. kinda reminds me of some Vintage Tech beats. Imma Player (Remix) dident have much to its beat either. I aint gonna say Ollie Gates is like a Vintage Tech 2 though. To early for that. Idk im just speakin off the top of my head.

Pimp Limp i dont really care that you dont like "O.G." its your opinion. But to say the albums sounds like its gonna be awful. Thats just a dick move.

You've only heard O.G...how can you say the album sounds "awful"?!?!

lol do your research kid.
    and i count solos as having kali do a hook.. cause ik tech does too.

4-5??mlk had 3,sickology had 2...how can u say The Mixplate sounds awful based off 1 song....i know we're all entitled to our opinions but urs r fuckin stupid.