Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHATS UP?!?!?!

WHATS UP?!?!?!

Okay i was listening to K.O.D. the other day and realized that Tech doesn't close a single collab on the whole fucking CD. Is this a new trend?? He was first or 2nd on all but B-Boy and bumpy knuckles closed that one.. Any comments or theories?? Open to conspiracy theories too.

I hope he starts closing his collabos, like he did a couple on Sickology 101 like with Sorry n Shit and that song is dope.

Yeah his verse is always hard but is it marketing or just personal preference./?? Just don't know why not a single one.

Hey,
    I noticed that, too! I also noticed that he always has the collab at the beginning or the end. Whereas, Cognito on "Automatic" has even sandwiched himself between 2 collabs. I think it's cool that Cognito mixed it up a bit. Nothing against Tech, but Tech usually sticks to the same "Placement Formula," so to speak, for this collabs.

Then again, hell, perhaps I just don't know as much about the music biz and there are actual reasons and "strategies" to having the collabs at only the beginning or end, I dunno.

See thats what im thinking is there is a maketing view or some research that they must have done that people don't listen to the whole song or something so he does the first or second verse. Either way i just want to hear him rap. Wether its at the beginning at the song or the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kremen
    Hey,
    I noticed that, too! I also noticed that he always has the collab at the beginning or the end. Whereas, Cognito on "Automatic" has even sandwiched himself between 2 collabs. I think it's cool that Cognito mixed it up a bit. Nothing against Tech, but Tech usually sticks to the same "Placement Formula," so to speak, for this collabs.

Then again, hell, perhaps I just don't know as much about the music biz and there are actual reasons and "strategies" to having the collabs at only the beginning or end, I dunno.

People are more likely to remember things at the beginning or end. That's how the brain works.

The brain works in different ways. And if they remember in the end why wouldn't he close all his songs??

Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    People are more likely to remember things at the beginning or end. That's how the brain works.

I said beginning and end. So thats why closing the song is just as important as opening a song.

Its a memory thing. I guarantee if you look at a list of things one time and try to remember whats on the list, youll remember most of the stuff at the beginning and end and not as much from the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Laird
    The brain works in different ways. And if they remember in the end why wouldn't he close all his songs??

But why not close then instead of being in the middle most of the time. I feel you on what your saying it just don't make sence. Why would he close at least one of the tracks. ???

I said beginning and end. So thats why closing the song is just as important as opening a song.

Its a memory thing. I guarantee if you look at a list of things one time and try to remember whats on the list, youll remember most of the stuff at the beginning and end and not as much from the middle.

oh my bad i misunderstood your last post. yeah interesting point

But why not close then instead of being in the middle most of the time. I feel you on what your saying it just don't make sence. Why would he close at least one of the tracks. ???