Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HIP HOP RHETORIC

HIP HOP RHETORIC

Im not the only one that loves to put 1 in tha air and listen to some good ol' fashioned hip hop. no surprise. but im lookin for specific hip hop songs that tell a story or use a diff type of rhetoric (like story tellin or persuasion or language skills on a particular topic..)

EXAMPLES:

Tech N9ne- Worst enemy

"Every time you got drawls you made my Poor little life fall nigga you got balls.You ain't never had a partner like me, real.

I never ever sold you pipe dreams personal yes it might seemNigga when you was burning, I went and got the doxcyclineLooked out for your health, and this is all the respectI get hater your neck I slit but I can't cause I'mAttached to ya and I don't know why sometimes I wishYou would just die.."

Nas- I Gave you power

"Always I'm in some shit, my abdomen is the clipThe barrel is my dick, uncircumcisedPull my skin back and cock me, I bust off when they unlock meResults of what happens to niggaz shock meI see niggaz bleedin runnin from me in fear, stunningly tearsfall down the eyes of these so-called tough guys, for yearsI've been used in robberies, givin niggaz heart to follow me..."

what are some story tellin hip hop songs u think ppl shud hear?

Ludacris "Growing Pains" only one i can think of off top, but i know their are plenty more

whaaaaat theres 100s..
    but at least u replied. good shit

i'm drawin a blank gimme me a sec

u guys ever heard Fame- GZA (off legend of the liquid sword)
    he raps using celebrity names. verrrrry impressive

well hell 95% of music tells a story but im thinking of ones that have meaning. hell katy perry's "hot and cold" tells a story if u wanna be literal. like my favorite song that does have a story isn't hip hop, well it's two songs both by Lynyrd Skynyrd "Ballad of Curtis Slow" and "Simple Man"

i gotta lay off the pot, i'm drawing a complete blank. sorry bro

well thats tight what they about?

Quote Originally Posted by maintaining strange
    well hell 95% of music tells a story but im thinking of ones that have meaning. hell katy perry's "hot and cold" tells a story if u wanna be literal. like my favorite song that does have a story isn't hip hop, well it's two songs both by Lynyrd Skynyrd "Ballad of Curtis Slow" and "Simple Man"

my two favorite skynard songs. very nice MS

Quote Originally Posted by maintaining strange

ok lets see,spice 1 tells a story about the hood using certain types of guns and drugs as the characters
    you got royce da 59 who gives his view on hiphop by becoming a taxi driver that is basically going through time and making his stops along way to a specific event in the rap game,and one of my favorites is tupac and the outlaws who take turns telling a story about 3 ppl who used to be friends but end up betraying one another,the thing about the pac song i loved is that they all trade bars throughout the whole song while they tell thier story,dontt know if thats exactly what your looking for but heres the tracks