Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE LAST SAD SONG...THE END OF K.O.D. - R U IN FAVOR OF THIS ?

THE LAST SAD SONG...THE END OF K.O.D. - R U IN FAVOR OF THIS ?

I FINALLY GOT MY LOST SCRIPTS IN ON SATURDAY...AND I GOTTA SAY, LOST SCRIPTS vs. K.O.D. AS A WHOLE, I LIKED WAAAAY MORE.

I LOVED EVERY TRACK ON LOST SCRIPTS AND MY FAVORITE 2 BEING "00N9NA" AND "LAST SAD SONG".

ON LAST SAD SONG TECH SAYS HES FINALLY STEPPING OUT OF THE WHOLE K.O.D. THING BUT SAYS IT AS IF ITS A BAD THING ACCORDING TO HIS FANS. I HAVE BEEN A TECH FAN SINCE 1999 AND KNEW HE HAD "K.O.D" LIKE CHARACTERISTICS BUT TO DEDICATE AN ENTIRE ALBUM TO IT, I NEVER AGREED WITH THE CONCEPT, AND WAS DISAPOINTED WHEN I HEARD THE ALBUM AS A WHOLE BECAUSE IT WASNT THE TECH N9NE I CAME TO ENJOY, AND HAVE YET TO PURCHASE THE ALBUM, BUT I WILL EVENTUALLY FOR MY COLLECTION AND THE SUPPORT OF STRANGE MUSIC AND TECH N9NE, ONE ALBUM CONCEPT I DONT AGREE WITH ISNT GOING TO MAKE ME DENY THE N9NE AS A FAN.

TECHS FAN BASE HAS GROWN SO MUCH, PREVIOUS ALBUMS HAVE NEVER FOCUSED ON SO MUCH DARKNESS, SO WHY DOES HE FEEL LIKE SO MANY FANS WOULD BE DISAPOINTED BY HIS DECISION TO STEP OUT THIS "HOLE" AND BACK TO THE WAY HE HAD BEEN FROM THE BEGINING TO JUST BEFORE K.O.D. ?

I PERSONALLY AM HAPPY AND RELIEVED THAT HES GOING TO GET BACK ON TRACK AND DO WHAT HE DOES AND THATS MAKE BAD ASS MUSIC AND SPIT IN THE MAINSTREAMS FACE WITH HIS REALNESS OF EVERYDAY LIFE. I DONT MIND THE OCCASSIONAL DEEP HEART BREAKING SONG BUT NOT IF ITS GUNNA KEEP THE MAN IN A HUGE FUNK, NEGATIVE ENERGY BREEDS NEGATIVITY AND TECHS IMAGE AND MUSIC HAVE ALWAYS PROMOTED THE OPPOSITE.

I AGREE WITH HIM WHEN HE SAYS ITS FUCKED UP FOR PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY WANT HIM TO STAY LIKE THAT JUST SO HE CAN MAKE MUSIC THEY WANNA HEAR. IF YOU WANT TO HEAR CONSTANT NEGATIVITY AND SADNESS AND NOTHNG BUT THAT, THEN MAYBE THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD GO SLUMP SOME EMO SHIT.

I agree man, i think in one of those songs he wishes he was told by fans that he could him, go ahead and do you tech, will still buy it up!

I couldnt get passed the first sentence of your post. The BOLD and ALL CAPS killed it for me.

Im always down, ive been down since 99

I love his dark music, but his positive music is great also. Everready had a lot of positive music and was one of Tech's best.

come on its tech. hes gnna have some sad shit t write about..not every fuckking song on kod is sad. all in all its not a whole lot different than his other shit. i think hes gnna be fine either way. ima still love him. "hes my favorite rapper..reaal talkk..TECH N9NE"

yeahhh that too. shiit.

Quote Originally Posted by B-rent
    I couldnt get passed the first sentence of your post. The BOLD and ALL CAPS killed it for me.

Well said. Co-sign the whole post. The dark shit was entertaining. For me, the person that introduced me to the dark stuff Tech made is the same person that made me relate to the dark shit... I'm past that phase. Who wants to live in that for that long?! I'm ready to party and bullshit with Tech.

either way tech is still tech and ima be down wit him til the end

ya, i love tech regardless and its true, not every song was dark or sad, but i remember a discussion about k.o.d.. before it dropped where people were talking about its possible content and a few of us as well as myself kinda had a feeling it was going to be just what it was, like i said, it wasnt enuff for me to turn my back on the man or his music, and there were a handful of tracks that i very much enjoyed but as i said, as a whole it was one of my least favorite albums of his especially since he was climbing up and increasing in popularity after Everready. But the one good thing i did like and respect the man for in doing k.o.d. was that he did whathe wanted to do with the music, not what some big label executive would have stopped him or any other mc from doing.

o ya one more thing...english is english, if you dont know how to read just because the letters are capitilized, then get hooked on some phonics ! lol...never understood why it irratates people so much, o well.