Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AP.9 - Reality Check (song uses same beat as Last Sad Song)

AP.9 - Reality Check (song uses same beat as Last Sad Song)

according to Freddy Machete (the producer of the beat), this is why this happened:

"HERE IT IS AND ITS SIMPLE: I did a lot of work with P.9 because I produced an entire album of his that my company is putting out (not reality check). A few months into that project I get the word that
    Lynch will be using a few beats and Tech will be using the "last song" beat and I sign them off to strange. So I tell P.9 we aren't using those beats AT ALL.Then P.9 and I fall out of communication (don't know why) Next thing I know Reality Check drops (a project which I have nothing to do with except the few tracks I produced on it) and low and behold here we are and the same beat is on both albums. STRANGE OWNS LEGAL RIGHTS TO THAT BEAT. I SIGNED IT OVER TO THEM WELL BEFORE THE RELEASE OF REALITY CHECK AND HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THAT BEAT BEING ON REALITY CHECK. THE ONLY PEOPLE I GAVE LEGAL OR EVEN SPOKEN CONSENT TO USE THAT BEAT WAS TECH N9NE AND STRANGE MUSIC. Being in this game as a producer is difficult, you don't always get the courtesy you deserve and a lot of rappers assume all beats are for the taking. There is also a lack of professionalism in the rap game. If everyone gave producers their propers like Strange does (I.e. Upfront money, royalties, and a contract) this wouldn't happen."

Good to see Strange good with their business ish!

nice find

Good shit. yeah, I agree strange normally is pretty good about trying to do things the right wa and if they dont they make up for it.

Wait so wouldnt that mean Tech or strange gets some of the cut off sales of this song or album because they used a beat that was signed off to strange?

I wonder if Strange is going to do anything about this.

This just shows people what Tech can do with a beat compared to other artists. This song does not come close to "Last sad Song." This song is not too bad though.

yeah AP.9 is a beast. i like the song, but I like Last Sad Song better

Quote Originally Posted by AJ
    This just shows people what Tech can do with a beat compared to other artists. This song does not come close to "Last sad Song." This song is not too bad though.

yeah they could, but they have to go through all the legal trouble and shit. not sure if theyll go through it all. but who knows. they probably would have done something by now if they were gonna take action

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harrison
    Wait so wouldnt that mean Tech or strange gets some of the cut off sales of this song or album because they used a beat that was signed off to strange?

"Reality Check" dropped in November, I downloaded it and listened to it once but forgot that beat was on it. Considering the song has been out awhile and Tech still ended up using the beat on Lost Scripts, I doubt there will be any drama about it. Remember Tech had the beat but didnt write or record Lost Scripts until early this year. Plus AP.9 is C-Bo's peoples (Mob Figaz) and Tech is cool with C-Bo. This shit happens every so often, sometimes results in beef, but doubt that happens in this situation.