Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly or Songz?

Kelly or Songz?

Hm, so I just came across a track Trey Songz did...on the DOA beat, bout R Kelly. Started making me think, who's better? I like Songz, but R Kelly is a legend in RnB. I've always like R Kelly. Even when I didn't know who R Kelly was, I liked him. Lol. I was in like 2nd grade and heard that I Believe I can Fly shit on the Space Jam sound track...thought it was sick. Lol. If you haven't heard the track I'm talking about, look it up on Lime Wire...that's where I found it. It's called DOA, Death lf Kellyz. What are yall's opinion? And don't say....RnB is for fags..like I know some of you immature people will want to say. I want actual opinions on this. Me personally, I like R Kelly better. Songz even goes so far to say "You got braids who are you trying to be" Like, really? How long has R Kelly been around? He doesn't have to try to be like any one. Lol. Personally I think, Trey is just a young R Kelly.

Old R.Kelly shits on Trey Songz, and when I say "Old R. Kelly", I mean 12 Play old.... I don't like his tougher image he's tried to do since.... The last good song R. Kelly had was "You Remind Me of Something" on the "R. Kelly" album.... After that he fell off.... So in a battle between newer R. Kelly, and Trey Songz, I'd say Trey is much better!

I have to disagree with you. Trey's songs, remind me of Kelly's songs...going to the club, getting drunk, and getting girls. I don't think Trey has the right place to say, you're trying to be like me, cause Kelly has been doing this shit since Trey was in elementary school. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 5280
    Old R.Kelly shits on Trey Songz, and when I say "Old R. Kelly", I mean 12 Play old.... I don't like his tougher image he's tried to do since.... The last good song R. Kelly had was "You Remind Me of Something" on the "R. Kelly" album.... After that he fell off.... So in a battle between newer R. Kelly, and Trey Songz, I'd say Trey is much better!

No, I agree.... Back in the day, R. Kelly used to sing about love, and making love, but he changed in to this "shake your ass cuz I'm the Pied Piper" guy that make shitty music.... And he and Trey make that same sound, yes, but I say in my opinion, Trey is better at it than Kelly..... I'm not impressed by either one these days, but if I had to choose between two bowls of shit, one named Kelly, and 2 being Trey, I'd go with bowl 2.......

Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cian4life
    I have to disagree with you. Trey's songs, remind me of Kelly's songs...going to the club, getting drunk, and getting girls. I don't think Trey has the right place to say, you're trying to be like me, cause Kelly has been doing this shit since Trey was in elementary school. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 5280

R. Kelly fell off once he got caught pissin on bitches. Right now Trey is to R&B what R. Kelly used to be...but that doesnt give him the right to go after Kelly...

old R. Kelly > Trey Songz > New R. Kelly

Said it better, in less words..... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by skog
    R. Kelly fell off once he got caught pissin on bitches. Right now Trey is to R&B what R. Kelly used to be...but that doesnt give him the right to go after Kelly...

old R. Kelly > Trey Songz > New R. Kelly

one of my most favorite R Kelly songs, compared to my favorite Trey Songz track. Notice how similar Trey sounds to Kelly. Who's trying to be who here?

Again, we're comparing guys that now sound the same..... If you put up "It Seems Like You're Ready" by R.Kelly up against ANY Trey Songz song, R. Kelly would smash him! But they have too much that same sound now..... But again, Trey pulls that sound off better than Kelly does! Some guys should just stick to what they know, and quit tryna change their sound..... Like Lil Wayne.... I know everyone hates him, including me, but my point here is that he should have NEVER don "Rebirth"! Some guys can pull off that Rap/Rock sound, he can't! R. Kelly doesn't do well with this new genre of music he's tryna do.....

Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cian4life
    one of my most favorite R Kelly songs, compared to my favorite Trey Songz track. Notice how similar Trey sounds to Kelly. Who's trying to be who here?

montel jordan......

seriously
    kelly

TREY SONGZ FOR THE FUCKING WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. His albums are solid. When he spits, it's fire imo. he did a few tracks with drake (before drake was known, he put drake on for those that didnt know) and he has a few frees out right now. I like Trey Songz, He's a well rounded artist. Not to mention he's fine as all outdoors... prettiest dude i ever did see, seriously.

I like some Kellz, can't lie bout that.. but I think a LOT of his shit is cornyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Ole trapped in the closet ass ninja.

i will say tho, songz bites a lot off of other people. he has kellz type songs, prince type songs....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98IYokujSY

instantaneous wetness.