Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kutt Calhoun's Kelvin

Kutt Calhoun's Kelvin

personally i think this is a fucking sick ep hate on it if you want but in my opinion this is his best work to date

I was surprised i got mine in the mail today. i never get my preorders a day early. but i think this is a solid ep. i loved all the beats on it. it was dope as fuck. left me wanting more.i will definitely will be bumping this shit for a while.

I have had it on repeat since i got it as of right now sleeping on me or strange $ are the two that i think are the dopest. There he go (heroin flow) has the dopest beat i think

Best ep Strange has dropped. Kutty never disappoints. Best artist on Strange and possibly the best active artist.

I was disappointed with this EP, the only track I liked was There He Go

Triumph is the best track by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

To say this is Kutt Calhoun's best work to date is almost an insult to him in my opinion. Everybody will have their own opinion on different material but this is most definitely the worst project he has yet to put out in my book. B.L.E.V.E., Feature Presentation, Raw And Un-Kutt, and even Red-Headed Stepchild were all superior in their entirety compared to Kelvin. I'm sorry, but to me it sounds as if he's attempting to conform to the new-school "Trap/Swag" of Hip Hop now where as his original releases were heavily "Gangsta Rap" influenced with some "Bay/Midwest" lingo incorporated. I understand he might be trying to experiment with a new sound for creative purposes but he definitely failed with this one by my standards. Not to say the entire EP is trash because that's not true, but it was a gigantic step down from his last two cuts.

Could not have said it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Strange

To say this is Kutt Calhoun's best work to date is almost an insult to him in my opinion. Everybody will have their own opinion on different material but this is most definitely the worst project he has yet to put out in my book. B.L.E.V.E., Feature Presentation, Raw And Un-Kutt, and even Red-Headed Stepchild were all superior in their entirety compared to Kelvin. I'm sorry, but to me it sounds as if he's attempting to conform to the new-school "Trap/Swag" of Hip Hop now where as his original releases were heavily "Gangsta Rap" influenced with some "Bay/Midwest" lingo incorporated. I understand he might be trying to experiment with a new sound for creative purposes but he definitely failed with this one by my standards. Not to say the entire EP is trash because that's not true, but it was a gigantic step down from his last two cuts.

This EP is sick! All the beats were awesome and Kutty brought it on every track. def worth the wait, too bad we coulden't get an LP

I will concede that this is definitely not his best work but I thought he merged his personal with the "newer gangsta " well. With an ep, Im not expecting ic songs but I thought they were all great songs. Kutt has never put out a song that I didnt like. But, to be honest, Im a little biased because my feelings about Kutt as an artist are similar to how most people feel about Tech on here. I think it was a great ep and I think it is a great prelude to his next album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Strange