Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you live in a swing state, please get out there and vote this election cycle. It's too important to just abstain.

If you live in a swing state, please get out there and vote this election cycle. It's too important to just abstain.

There are too many people (Republicans) that are trying to make it harder for minorities, students, etc. to vote so it's imperative that those of us who can make sure we do. Voter ID laws address the least common form of voter fraud, yet they are the most common form of legislation used and affect and disable a large amount of people from voting on time (mainly people who would likely vote for the Democratic party). 25% of African Americans don't have Photo-Identification and approx. 17-18% of Latinos don't either. Out of state students can't use their school IDs as proper identification to vote, but NRA members can use their fire-arm permits. Seems awfully one-sided isn't it? I live in Florida (where we have a history of voter fraud) so I know I'm going to exercise my right to vote and I think this discussion board could use a new topic. Sorry to all the international users :P obviously feel free to voice your input. Now, if you live in Alabama, sorry but Romney's gonna win that state, I still say get out and vote! but I understand if you don't want to either lol. But for the people in the swing states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, etc. PLEASE vote. There's gonna be a lot of people that show up and get told no. And it doesn't help that voting is done from 7am-7pm, making it already harder for 9-5 hour working citizens. Personally I think it should be a holiday where we get the day off, but Republicans have said over and over, they don't want more people voting, they want less voters. So please, get out there.

and I don't want to get into an actual political debate here. I'm not voting Obama or Romney, I'm voting Jill Stein personally. I just want people to understand that rights are being taken away and that they should get out and vote. I'm not going to argue Obama vs. Romney (though I could for days on end). I just wanted to raise awareness. But I'm sure that a debate will/might ensue so if it does then fine haha.

this is not what it looks like from the thumbnail either lol. for those who haven't seen it's a hilarious ad with Samuel L Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

DAMN YOU ARE A SHARP INDIVIDUAL.. PROPS TO THAT POST. Romney also wants to get rid of ALL UNIONS.. NO GOOD.. I am not that educated when it comes to politics just try to simplify things. if u make less than $ 250,000 a year the Republican policies and practices are no good for you and your family. Wont Help you at all. YOUTUBE " Mitt Romney 47 Percent" PLEASE. Video is only about 1 an 15 seconds long. Get' em Weis..

Thank you haha. Romney wants to do so many god awful things I don't understand how anyone can vote for him. If people don't like Obama fine, I get that, I don't like him either, which is why I'm voting Jill Stein. I urge people to vote 3rd party instead of blue and red since they all serve the corporations anyways. And I've seen the 47% percent video. It's hilarious the things he doesn't mention is that the 47% percent of people who don't pay income tax include senior citizens, working poor, students and people in the military (whoops) (and his corporate buddies lol). And when you take out senior citizens alone your left with only 7% that don't pay income tax. And even then 2/3 of that 47% still pay federal payroll taxes. And ALL of us pay sales taxes. So that man is amazing. Lol wait 'til you see this. 533 straight LIES in 30 weeks and more since then. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/08/29/mitt-romney-tel... No one except the rich is voting FOR Romney, they're voting AGAINST Obama, which is bullshit. Vote Gary Johnson instead, or vote Rocky Anderson, or Jill Stein. There's more people on the ballot people! Change has to start somewhere, I'm tired of hearing the "3rd party voting is a waste" argument, you're right, INDIVIDUALS do nothing, but hopefully me voting 3rd party can inspire others around me to as well, and not only that, but what if you took that mentality to protests? imagine if the civil rights movement never happened because people thought "Ohh, what could one voice or one person do?" same as one vote 'n it's true, one person doesn't but it's gotta start somewhere. Sorry if I went on a rant there. Lol, voting is just so important. I can't stand people who are apathetic about it, politics runs EVERY part of our lives so why would you just turn a blind eye? I understand that the system is programmed to work us hard enough to not pay attention or get up and make a change but keep us complacent enough to think "ohh it could be worse" but we can't be content. Maybe it's easier for me to just say because I'm a part-time student and don't really have responsibilities yet, but I just hate to see people look at politics like "ehh, not that important" Now, with all that said, there's a lot of serious criticisms of Obama like NDAA (biggest one imo), lack of campaign finance reform, and his weak handling of the banks, I want people to be upset with him. I don't want people to think they have only 2 choices. But people also need to remember that it's not only about our presidential race, local elections are VERY important. But what sucks is with Super-PACS any candidate that's willing to do a corporations bidding just gets a bunch of money dumped into their campaign and in a local primary or election it's very easy to blow the competition out of the water. Until Citizens United is overturned, the working man's candidate will never win. We'll always have a Corporation candidate, but... Obama realistically is the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas Hustle

DAMN YOU ARE A SHARP INDIVIDUAL.. PROPS TO THAT POST. Romney also wants to get rid of ALL UNIONS.. NO GOOD.. I am not that educated when it comes to politics just try to simplify things. if u make less than $ 250,000 a year the Republican policies and practices are no good for you and your family. Wont Help you at all. YOUTUBE " Mitt Romney 47 Percent" PLEASE. Video is only about 1 an 15 seconds long. Get' em Weis..

Unfortunately, I live in South Dakota so I'm about 99.9% sure that Romney will win it here. I'm still going to show my support and get out there and vote for Obama though. Mitt Romney is a fucking idiot, and I really don't think he will win, but the thought of him being the president is terrifying. The only thing that is more terrifying was the thought of John McCain winning the last electing, dying while in office, and then by default Sarah Palin would be our president. I would have straight up moved out of the country if that would have happened, lol.