Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kutt Calhoun "Bottle Service" Music Video

Kutt Calhoun "Bottle Service" Music Video

I love Kutt, but he's trying too hard to appeal to the mainstream right now. Tech and him both need to rethink what they've stood for their whole careers before they just dump their legacies in the garbage.

Hoping Tech comes hard on that October EP. Since its darker music, I expect it'll probably be closer to the Tech we all know and love. I just don't get why he either has to talk about dark stuff or partying and sex. And then he gets mad when his fans want the dark stuff because he thinks we want him to be sad. No, we don't want him to be sad, we just don't want to hear about you drinking and having sex in every single song.

Yeah, I hate to say it but this song made me think that Kutt was really trying to appeal to Tech's mainstream fans. He knows his sales are lacking and he needs a way to reach over and grab some attention. Sleeping On Me, Triumph, and a few of the other tracks sound like they're going to be really good, and the Kutt that I like to hear, but this shit sounds like it belongs on the radio. I just feel like, I went to Strange to get away from this kind of music, I've said it before, I know they can do better party tracks than this. And what was with the Drake reference? I mean, I'm not a Drake hater or anything, but to completely jack that seemed like a desperate attempt to grab some fans. And it's so obvious when they put this out as what seems to be the lead single.

Quote Originally Posted by Living T

I love Kutt, but he's trying too hard to appeal to the mainstream right now. Tech and him both need to rethink what they've stood for their whole careers before they just dump their legacies in the garbage.

I was thinking the same thing when Before i read this.... Sounds like wiz to be honest....
    but if this was a single to a album I wouldnt mind.... gotta make songs for the big booty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

Yeah, I hate to say it but this song made me think that Kutt was really trying to appeal to Tech's mainstream fans. He knows his sales are lacking and he needs a way to reach over and grab some attention. Sleeping On Me, Triumph, and a few of the other tracks sound like they're going to be really good, and the Kutt that I like to hear, but this shit sounds like it belongs on the radio. I just feel like, I went to Strange to get away from this kind of music, I've said it before, I know they can do better party tracks than this. And what was with the Drake reference? I mean, I'm not a Drake hater or anything, but to completely jack that seemed like a desperate attempt to grab some fans. And it's so obvious when they put this out as what seems to be the lead single.

Yeah I know, but shit like Flip It Ova was dope. I wanna hear shit like that, this was a snoozer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Smith

I was thinking the same thing when Before i read this.... Sounds like wiz to be honest....
    but if this was a single to a album I wouldnt mind.... gotta make songs for the big booty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

Wow. This is really, really bad. Kutt has made some great party tracks, but this is definitely not one of them.

disappointing.

i thought it was dope .

I think Kutt and Stevie Stone are and should be Strange Music's "Mainstream" sounding artist. They aren't Tech, so they shouldn't have to sound like Tech. That's why it's a record label not a music group. And if we happen to be forced to listen to "Mainstream" sounding music (because of surrounding people or whatever reason it may be), then why not someone from a record label we enjoy?