Thread: Marines

Marines

Signed up to be a Marine and ready to go!

Thats awesome man, Are you going to boot campdown in san diego or pendleton?

I signed up back in november, and i leave march 14th

Im in missouri so I think im gunna be in san diego bro. Im signing up like next week. So it will be a while but im real excited. What did you get on the ASVAB?

I am in the Marines, if your west of the missi river you go to san diego, east you go to Paris Island, SC either way it sucks for 3 months. Do you know what MoS your going to get? MoS is your Job I am a 0651 which is a data nerd and I am at school in 29 Palms CA which is in the middle of the desert and it sucks but if you have any questions about anything let me know

Thanks alot man. Actually yeah a few. Any idea as far as like how much you get paid or does it vary? Not like it matters because you live for free. Do you get paid in boot camp? another thing, I have a fear of heights lol is that gunna fuck with me or what. Im not worried about it because I know the end result of me doing what I have to do which means I'll be a marine which is somethin im willing to fight for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko voorhees
    I am in the Marines, if your west of the missi river you go to san diego, east you go to Paris Island, SC either way it sucks for 3 months. Do you know what MoS your going to get? MoS is your Job I am a 0651 which is a data nerd and I am at school in 29 Palms CA which is in the middle of the desert and it sucks but if you have any questions about anything let me know

You will get paid at boot camp, probley leave with about 2.5k. The fear of height will not be too bad you just have to repel off a tower and it goes by very fast. Well in my own opinion I made a choice to be in data because once I get out because this is not my thing for the rest of my life I will have a great education in something to make good money. Boot Camp is not that stressful as people make it sound, the Marine Corps wants you to graduate boot camp. Bootcamp is about 13 weeks so 3-4 months long, then you do Marine Combat Training which is about a month, then your schooling unless your infantry which schooling can last anywhere to 2 weeks to 5 months. Anything else just ask

lol, you say you've "signed" up but then down the list you say, im signing up next week...

lol that shits funny you hypocrite! lol i could care less though...

your crazy though.
    i don think i could stop smokin weed long enough to join the marines