Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major Downfall(not so major)

Major Downfall(not so major)

Who else feels tech's and strange music's music(and alot of rap(and any kid of music) in general) is too verse-chorus-v-c-v? i think it makes music really bland. like for instance krizz kaliko's bipolar, that song could've went without any choruses but they were included anyways. i mean it's not that big of a problem for me not to listen to their music, but as strange and original as everyone on strange claims you would think they could come up with some original song formats.what are your all thoughts?

I agree

i understand what you man and i kinda agree with you. although i don't mind the chorus because they are great at making them, i would love to hear tec spit longer than 16 bars a piece. One is can remember off the top of my head was be warned. he goes off on that track with no hook. i don't mind the hooks nd chorus, but i do agree with you.

u need to have a hook in a song.

i don't mind them either i just wish they would break out of the traditional more often. mostly songs where he is telling a story tho, like tech did on worst enemy. or atleast change the chorus up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ociris
    i understand what you man and i kinda agree with you. although i don't mind the chorus because they are great at making them, i would love to hear tec spit longer than 16 bars a piece. One is can remember off the top of my head was be warned. he goes off on that track with no hook. i don't mind the hooks nd chorus, but i do agree with you.

well who says it has to be said every 30 seconds, why not just at the beginning or at the end? or put creatvely in the song. and for one thing a song doesn't HAVE to have a hook.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ diaz

The problem you run into is if there's nothing catchy in a song, most listeners won't stick with the song.... The chorus is often the most catchy part of most songs. That's the reason why you hear people goin "something-something-something Strange Music Box. da-da-dada da Strange Music Box, hum hum hmmhmm hm Strange Music Knocks...". I do agree tho as far as some songs would be better if it had a longer verse and smaller or less chorus'.

Quote Originally Posted by reel_life_problemz
    well who says it has to be said every 30 seconds, why not just at the beginning or at the end? or put creatvely in the song. and for one thing a song doesn't HAVE to have a hook.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ diaz

the hook is a big part of a song

lol my friend raps a looooong time witout a chours...and trust when i say i only listened to his cd once due to that. it just goes on and on..that the purpose of a chours. yaw want mixtape veres sounds like. which is cou. i got some where i flow over the whole beat..or 32 bars or 48

In B Boy im pretty sure it went V-C-V-C-V-V. lol thats different