Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: graphic design programs???

graphic design programs???

<p align="center"><em>need some help guys... i know some of you are artist and getting into that career field. so i wanted to know if you guys know where i could find some good graphic design programs...</em>[/p]
    <p align="center"><em>any of you already taking es???</em>[/p]

bump

theres a thing called gimp i just started playing round with its way more better then Photoshop but id say photo shop for beginers so u get an idea what your doing then try gimp you can get these programs by simply searching them up an downloading them also you will have to pay for better versions all it is is you get more effects and better tools hope iv helped

The adobe master collection which has programs like photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, after effects. That's what my school has at all the labs and everything. They're the industry standard. The price for them are threw the roof. Need to find a way to get them, if u kno what i mean, haha

I also got Corel painter IV "free" (yeah rite with what this school is costing me)... It's basically for digital painting not graphic design but I thought I'd throw that in there.

Yo waddap ya'll I've been following this site for a long time, never really took the time to join and reply to post
    but this was kinda interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Davey
    theres a thing called gimp i just started playing round with its way more better then Photoshop but id say photo shop for beginers so u get an idea what your doing then try gimp you can get these programs by simply searching them up an downloading them also you will have to pay for better versions all it is is you get more effects and better tools hope iv helped
    I just looked up gimp. And I'm questioning.. why is this any better then photoshop? ( I'm a graphic designer )
    Gimp more looks like it has the basics of photoshop.
    Gimps features are much slimmer then photoshops.. and it more looks like a program to touch up a photo a lil bit instead of really making a graphic design..

don't get me wrong, photoshop is to just touch up photo's too, but it has such amazing options.. its also very useful for graphic design.. but if you are going to print it and you need small text (such as this forum) that you want people to read.. don't but that text into photoshop because it will pixel and you'll see that in the print.. instead you place it into indesign (also a program from adobe) and then you put the basic text on it.

so for graphic designing.. i would go for photoshop, if you want to make a vector file, use illustrator.
    If you want 3d (which is real hard imo) pc = 3d max ma c= cinema 4d

sorry for my bad english, I'm dutch.

Yeah I just downloaded Gimp to see what the big fuss is about. I am a graphic designer as well and i love photoshop.

photoshop cs4 is working great for me

same here

Quote Originally Posted by B.L.A.Z.E
    photoshop cs4 is working great for me

I'd go ahead and pirate it off of the internet if i were you. i prefer photoshop over anything else.