Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: edgar allan poe & tech n9ne

edgar allan poe & tech n9ne

<p align="center"><em>hey this is pretty random.. but i was in going over edgar allan poe the famous horror story and tale writer... and i just starting thinking about tech n9ne... have you ever seen the films or read any of his books... they pretty crazy... idk i thought his writing was similar to tech's lyrics in sum ways.. i mean they give you dark psychological views. his stories include the narrators who commited murders tellin his story on how he did it.. other stories with the narrator whos mad and insane... like he gives u a picture to get inside the perpetrators mind. idk what u guys think..??? am i just way off????</em>[/p]

you are completely right. tech is the poe of rap for sure. i just did two huge research papers on poe last semester lol so i learned ALOT about poe. they have alot more in common than just the dark themes too though, youve probly read the raven im sure, but if you look really in depth at the specific structure poe wrote it in, trochaic octameter or something like that i forget, but it's insanely complex and everything flows and fits perfectly, just like techs music. not to mention the absurd use of inside rhyming, alliteration, and everything else that poe uses, tech is known for the same thing. to me theyre so alike its scary lol good post

i have thought exactly the same thing when we read his stories in english

yeah and poe is so big on the reaction he gets from the reader, tech definitely knows whats good with that haha

Is there a site i can go to to check this horror Writers storys out?

idk just google him u could probly find some

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Davey
    Is there a site i can go to to check this horror Writers storys out?

hmm yeah i guess so iv read that ever more poem but is there more poems or storys done by this dude

Tech seems like Poe with his lyrics n all.

yea i loved the raven... it made me think into depth of it... its crazy how they do have so much in common

Quote Originally Posted by JetblacK
    you are completely right. tech is the poe of rap for sure. i just did two huge research papers on poe last semester lol so i learned ALOT about poe. they have alot more in common than just the dark themes too though, youve probly read the raven im sure, but if you look really in depth at the specific structure poe wrote it in, trochaic octameter or something like that i forget, but it's insanely complex and everything flows and fits perfectly, just like techs music. not to mention the absurd use of inside rhyming, alliteration, and everything else that poe uses, tech is known for the same thing. to me theyre so alike its scary lol good post