Thread: tech revisiting past albums....

tech revisiting past albums....

personally, i think after this year he should do it. if he keeps blowing up the way he is, it would be a smart way to introduce new fans to older material. i really like absolute power, probably my favorite tech album overall, and since its so old, i think most "new" fans haven't really heard it, or explored the older tech. what are all of your opinions, should tech just keep moving forward, or should he exemplify his past to the new audience so they can get a better respect for how long and hard he's been working?

what do you mean "revisit"? Like re-release? Or what? Im confused on how you think he should show his old stuff to people

idk if it could be considered re-release because you can still get the older albums in the stores. but i mean start promoting the older shit, and potentially drop a best of tech n9ne cd, or something like that, that highlights the older material.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Payan [AVCP333
    ]what do you mean "revisit"? Like re-release? Or what? Im confused on what you mean

i think he will eventually release a greatest hits album, and he did Vintage Tech to try and show is old stuff. But i dont think he should promote his old music, theres no need to. No artists really ever promote their old music, unless they re-release a 10th anniversary edition or something. There was an interview that someone posted a month ago or so that had Tech saying he thought Anghellic was sloppy and not as good as people think, so sounds like he definitely wants to keep people looking at his latest releases

Quote Originally Posted by Nino
    idk if it could be considered re-release because you can still get the older albums in the stores. but i mean start promoting the older shit, and potentially drop a best of tech n9ne cd, or something like that, that highlights the older material.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Payan [AVCP333
    ]what do you mean "revisit"? Like re-release? Or what? Im confused on what you mean

My oppinion why fuck up a perfectly good ic album or albums? if the fans like the new stuff they should slowly get into the old stuff like i did i herd Everredy first Before i herd Anghelic.

Older music makes you think wow look what this guys Acomplished Rather then wow he sucked 5 6 or 10 years ago its always good to know your Favourite artist's roots before you go judging them. an there older music
    mind you Techs always killed what ever type of Rap s he's into weather it be Gangsta Rap (the Worst)
    Dark(Anghelic) All Rounder's (Everredy, Killer) slightly Horrorcore/Dark(K.O.D)

Tech said in an interview that he thinks his old stuff is OFF-BEAT and SLOPPY. (sorry I don't have the link)

I disagree, I love his old stuff

tech wouldnt want to do this simply because his new shit is better than his old shit...everybody has their own opinion n i very much agree wit him wen he says some of his old shit was raggedy...it was good but not better than now...his flow has evolved so fukin much thru the years...artist usually start to lose it but this is the opposite for the n9nna

exactly same here i heard Everyready b4 Anghellic to and i eventually got to know him and started listening to all his music.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Davey
    My oppinion why fuck up a perfectly good ic album or albums? if the fans like the new stuff they should slowly get into the old stuff like i did i herd Everredy first Before i herd Anghelic.

Older music makes you think wow look what this guys Acomplished Rather then wow he sucked 5 6 or 10 years ago its always good to know your Favourite artist's roots before you go judging them. an there older music
    mind you Techs always killed what ever type of Rap s he's into weather it be Gangsta Rap (the Worst)
    Dark(Anghelic) All Rounder's (Everredy, Killer) slightly Horrorcore/Dark(K.O.D)

Anghellic is his best cd from front to back. thats all ima say take what u want 4rm it

and i would have to say the same about Everready

Quote Originally Posted by ToPCitYkiNG
    Anghellic is his best cd from front to back. thats all ima say take what u want 4rm it