Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Tech N9ne Have A Ghostwriter?

Does Tech N9ne Have A Ghostwriter?

I love Tech but I have seen a few articles where Kaliko says he writes/wrote for Tech.

http://blog.krizzkaliko.com/2011/04/...and-7s-social/

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...-a-liberation-

And he(Kaliko) has credits on songs he doesn't appear on like Delusional ,Mental Giant,If I Could and I heard Makzilla helped with Love Me Tomorrow

Please tell me, this isn't true and he just means he's mixing or something and not writing the rhymes

Over the past few months, I have began my AWESOME journey of exploring Tech. It started with suckin' on jelly sickles, because I became entranced with the Hyphy movement going On when I lived in Redwood City, CA. Through all the other genres I have dug into (and I usually indulge in only one new artist at a time,) the only other rapper that has commanded my attention like him, in rap; is Makaveli.

That is beside the point.

I think the rumours you heard are true, but I hope you don't hold it against him. As much as all of us want Tech to be a god, he is still a man. All men need help to reach their dreams.

Helping with writing lyrics ? ghostwriting. I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of artists brainstorm lyrics. Doesn't mean Kaliko/Makzilla wrote an entire song for Tech to record. And the reply above me is on something.

Thanks for the support on my first entry in this community. Nevertheless, I agree. With both statements. Collaboration is to creating, like key be to lock. And it is McCormick vodka, peach peace tea, redds strawberry ale, nicotine, and life^.^

Tech have a ghostwriter? Absolutely not. I could se him writing in the studio and say "Hey Krizz, help me out with this next line." Or maybe Tech and Krizz or whoever is with him while writing a track bounce ideas off of each other. Therefor it's only write that you credit the person that helped you.

I guess what really hurts is the songs are really good aside from that detail and Tech always talked about being lyrical.So it just feels like a kick in the balls....

I still bump Something Else because Krizz isn't on it that much aside for guest verse,vocals,etc. but any time I kick play it is like "are my really praising Tech or Krizz right now" I always have to repeat myself Tech writes most of his lyrics a feeling I don't when listening to Pun,Lamar or Eminem but hey I guess it will pass...

There's a good chance on a lot of those songs where Kaliko is mentioned, but not actually heard, he came up with a chorus or hook and Tech sang it. That and you can hear a few songs where Kaliko's just in the background humming n shit. Hes what makes some of Techs songs sound so complete, but that doesn't make him a ghostwriter. Drake writing verses for Wayne and Bob writing verses for TI, that's ghostwriting

Tech and kali have said many times they help each other write tracks. Im sure krizz has helped tech with alot of his writing but thats still far from ghostwriting. And @ black smith I know your not trying to say Eminem has a ghostwriter??

Lol, you're way overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Smith

I guess what really hurts is the songs are really good aside from that detail and Tech always talked about being lyrical.So it just feels like a kick in the balls....

I still bump Something Else because Krizz isn't on it that much aside for guest verse,vocals,etc. but any time I kick play it is like "are my really praising Tech or Krizz right now" I always have to repeat myself Tech writes most of his lyrics a feeling I don't when listening to Pun,Lamar or Eminem but hey I guess it will pass...

Lls, right. At least Tech admitting that he and Krizz work a lot of shit together. I'm sure no artist writes 100% of their shit and gets no input or help.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Lol, you're way overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Smith