Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the recent shootings

All the recent shootings

It seems like the media has been deeply delved in the topic of shootings lately. Not sure if its that they're happening in more public places than before, but I know shootings happen all the time. Maybe it has something to do with the government wanting to put more gun laws into effect. Then there's the whole Holmes conspiracy. I just wanted to bring up the topic and see what some of you think about it all.

"Maybe it has something to do with the government wanting to put more gun laws into effect" ...this

Simple, it's for ratings and views, sales etc... Depending what the media source is i.e. newspaper, TV news, radio news etc..

It is easy to follow how they're working. If they mention a one off event then you may watch the news that one time, however if they mention a shooting (fatal or not) then you're more likely to watch again and see the "story" unfold. Like a TV series, you keep watching each week to see what "new" happenings there are, same principle with the media.

I have a journalism degree and in EVERY that I had, the professor always preached the "if it bleeds, it leads" philosophy. The media has always been this way but as the world spirals more and more out of control the media has tons more material like this to pull from. I personally don't think gun laws do a damn thing other than take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens therefore making them more vulnerable to criminals. Look at places like Chicago, NYC, DC etc. They have the strictest gun laws in the country and some of the highest crime rates. I am all for the CCDW states (like KY for example) that allow properly trained, licensed citizens to legally carry for self protection.

Well in all honesty both sides benefit from the media putting more attention on shootings, NRA and Republicans win because people get paranoid and it leads to more gun sales, while people who were already anti-gun are going to become more firm in their stances, which happens on both sides after a shooting. I doubt it's happening anymore than it was before, I shared my thoughts on gun laws in the last thread about guns, but I'll just reiterate the most important parts imo. At the very least I think we should get rid of gun show loopholes, we hear "criminals will get guns no matter what while law abiding citizens would be without" all the time. While this might be true for some criminals, it's not like everyone that commits a gun-related crime has or even needs "connections" or anything along those lines with gun show loopholes. A lot of these shooters purchase guns legally, which might imply that our system is a little too loose with the regulations, and yes, many of these people probably would've passed background checks anyways, but many shootings could've been stopped and can be if we end the gun show loophole at the very least. All I want is reasonable gun control, mandatory, thorough background checks WITH a mental health screening (not just for insane people but depressed people as well, suicide is #2 or #3 in gun-related deaths in the US I believe) and probably courses or something to learn how to use and clean the gun properly, etc. I mean, you need a license to legally drive but not to own a gun in most states, that's a little bonkers to me. Even an overwhelming majority of NRA members agree with these terms but yet somehow we still lose the legislation fight.

There is no attempt to control gun laws. I dunno where you heard that, the democrats aren't pushing anything major, if anything at all, and Obama is being the usual pussy that he is. That said, in states that have high crime rates and tough gun laws, the problem there aren't guns. That's a problem with the social infrastructure, which is a whole other discussion

If the government cracks down more on gun laws eventually they are going to take some shit to far and end up getting over thrown.

which is amazing that that's what will throw America over the edge, despite everything else they do to us

Quote Originally Posted by twizzy (go ducks)
    If the government cracks down more on gun laws eventually they are going to take some shit to far and end up getting over thrown.

nobody is cracking down on gun laws smfh

and that's possibly the one thing that shouldn't even matter on the macro level

Quote Originally Posted by twizzy (go ducks)

There is a huge agenda here if you care to delve into it.

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2012090216962/us/homeland-security/the-us-should-withdraw-from-the-uns-qprogramme-of-actionq-on-small-arms.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_Trade_Treaty

First there is the ATT. Basically it is a UN treaty that, if we (the government, not the people) agree to, we will disarm all civilians, leaving only soldiers and police posessing firearms.

The Eric Holder, Fast and Furious Gun Walking Controversy came out earlier this year, but its been happening since 2009.

"Gunwalking" is law enforcement vernacular for the concept of allowing criminal
    suspects to "walk" off with guns, without police interdicting or tracking them.
    It's widely considered taboo, since "walked" guns may be used in violent crimes,
    including murders.

"Fast and Furious" is the name ATF assigned to a group of Phoenix, Arizona-area
    gun trafficking cases under Project Gunrunner that began in fall of 2009. It's
    the largest of several known operations in which ATF employed gunwalking,
    involving more than 2,000 weapons, including hundreds of AK-47 type
    semi-automatic rifles and .50 caliber rifles. According to sources who worked
    directly on the case, the vast majority of guns were not tracked and Mexico's
    government was not fully informed of the case."

You can read more about it here...
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57461204-10391695/a-primer-on-the-fast-and-furious-scandal/

Basically they let weapons slip across the borders without anyone knowing. Then they can use that as an excuse to try and tighten gun laws by saying there too many guns being smuggled over the border.
    But the Fast and Furious scandal was brought to light by several whistleblowers, so they had to cease that plan.

Another good way to get public consensus against guns is to stage a mass shooting. There are numerous reasons to question the Colorado Batman shooting, or Sheik shootings. Eyewitness accounts conflict with what the media reports, the story changes several times, etc. We could look at them individually.

James Holmes was decked out in full tactical riot gear, and had the most complex maze of bombs the tecnicians had ever seen... but after alegedly shooting all these people, he waited calmly in the parking lot to be arrested. Then warned police of the bombs at his home. All while the police searched for a second suspect who never made the news.
    Then when he shows up in court he is doped the fuck up, unable to keep his eyes open or focus them. There is a lawyer to speak for him.

The Sheik shooting had eyewitness accounts of multiple men dressed in black attire, working as a unit. But the mainstream news story was that it was one man who was shot dead by police. Then a week later the story changed, he was shot in the chest by police, then pulled out a gun and shot himself in the head.

Alot of the more recent shootings seem to have had 2 purposes, to demonize guns, and to characterize war vets as mentaly unstable. Most of the recent culprits have been ex military, and just a few weeks ago they began taking outspoken war vets and locking them up in mental institutions.

Brandon Raub is probably the most well known, but they took 20 more people in his town alone. He said on Facebook that 9-11 was an inside job and the army is fighting wars to protect the interests of the 1%, not us. And they came and took him for speaking his mind on facebook.

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...acebook-posts/

They didnt read him his rights or arrest him, but they did declare him mentally unstable and locked him up in a mental institution. Fortunately his mother was very outraged and spoke out about it, and he had a good lawyer who got him out, but reported he had been contacted by 20 other families in the area who had had people taken on similar grounds.
    They call it Oppositional Defiant Disorder. In other words, you have an opposite point of view, you are defiant and wont change it willingly, so you have a disorder and are mentally unstable. This is the same thing that Stalin did in Russia, labeled political dissidents insane and had them locked up.

The numerous public shootings in the past month, perpetrated by war vets, convinces the average person that guns are bad and our servicemen are the terrorists. Plus, by rounding these people up for there controversial views, they hope to scare others into submission.