Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ces Cru "13" EP thoughts?

Ces Cru "13" EP thoughts?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the EP. I thought it was pretty good. Some pretty dope stuff on it. I still want to listen to it a few more times before I decide which tracks are my favorite. Thoughts, opinions?

I thought it was solid. They touched on a few different topics, beats were different and good, and they both brung it on every track. It's gotten better as I listened to it a few times. So it has replay value, and its an EP so that's good. Overall a good project. Definitely makes me wanna hear the LP.

^ Yeah this definitely made their debut LP for Strange more desirable (for a lack of a better word). Not that I wasnt looking forward to it anyways.

Ubi is the shit

It was ok nothing special after I herd click clack bang I thought its was going to be hella dope kinda let down a little bit but I was still cool

I was disappointed. I haven't bought it and I'm not sure that will. I think with the exception of 2 songs they were all pretty boring. For me they lack the ability to stay on a steady topic it seems like they kind of just throw random shit in there verses; Whereas Tech N9ne, and the rest of the crew can paint a clear pictures with words to tell a story. They're just not for me i think and its a shame because i like both of their voices. Just my opinion no reason to get butt-hurt for any of big time Ces fans.

I kinda agree, after Colosseum and Klick Clack Bang I thought it was gonna be awesome front to back, but there were a few tracks where the beat and/or hook kinda lost me. But I still liked most of it, Tempus Fugit, Colusseum, Klick Clack Bang, Peter Parker and Time Is Now are all dope imo. It's Over is good, I like the verses for One Bomb State (except Info Gates), but I didn't really like the beat or chorus, so I'll probably end up skipping that song. I don't really like the hook for Livin' Life either. But I definitely think Thrift Store Halos was consistently great so compared to that, 13 isn't as consistent imo. Still a good EP though, don't regret buying it, can't wait for an LP.

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap
    It was ok nothing special after I herd click clack bang I thought its was going to be hella dope kinda let down a little bit but I was still cool

I feel you but I don't think comparing Ces to Mayday is fair lol. i personally loved this EP. only listened to it once full threw so far but i look at it like, they're still developing their skills and this is just an EP. for their first Strange release, it left wanting more from them so mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

I kinda agree, after Colosseum and Klick Clack Bang I thought it was gonna be awesome front to back, but there were a few tracks where the beat and/or hook kinda lost me. But I still liked most of it, Tempus Fugit, Colusseum, Klick Clack Bang, Peter Parker and Time Is Now are all dope imo. It's Over is good, I like the verses for One Bomb State (except Info Gates), but I didn't really like the beat or chorus, so I'll probably end up skipping that song. I don't really like the hook for Livin' Life either. But I definitely think Thrift Store Halos was consistently great so compared to that, 13 isn't as consistent imo. Still a good EP though, don't regret buying it, can't wait for an LP.

I actually enjoyed 13 more than Thrift Store Halos. However I really liked Take Me To Your Leader. I think after listening to 13 a few more times "Time is Now" is probably my favorite track.

Why isn't it fair to compare them? Honestly i think they have the most justification to be compared, they are the only Strange Music 'Groups', and they both have two Emcees.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Longo

I feel you but I don't think comparing Ces to Mayday is fair lol. i personally loved this EP. only listened to it once full threw so far but i look at it like, they're still developing their skills and this is just an EP. for their first Strange release, it left wanting more from them so mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis