Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People biting Esham/Natas?

People biting Esham/Natas?

I was just listenin to some Natas' Blaz4me album which came out in '93. In the song "down since day one" Esham says something to the effect of "I'm down for the dirt, and when I do work I make punk mother fuckers run and go to church" which is similar to Ice Cube's "Go to Church" song in it the chorus is "If you a scared mother fucker go to church, if you a gutter mother fucker do your dirt, if you a down mother fucker put in work if you a crazy mother fucker go bizerk". Do you think this is just a coincidence did Cube bite Esham(this wouldn't be the first time Cube has been accused of stealing another artists lyrics)

Also ICP on Hell's Pit(I forget what song) but Violent J says "I'll turn your world upside down and make it rain hell" which is from an old Esham album(again not sure what album or song, but I'm fairly sure its it's "Boomin words from hell") also if you listen closely through out ICP's catalog and Esham's you hear ICP using a lot of the stuff Esham used. However ICP does say they got the idea from Esahm so at least they showing respect

When Twiztid started rapping they where under the name House of Krazees and if you listen to them back then they sounded a lot like Esham.

Also Old School Eminem is very horrorcore sounding and he also sounded like Esham back then.

In '92 Esham came out with 2 albums called Judgement Day Vol. 1 and 2 and if you put the 2 covers together it shows Esham being crucified. In '04 Nelly released 2 albums Sweat and Suit and if you put the 2 covers together it shows a picture of of nelly's face.

now all of this might just be a coincidence, I am known to overthink lyrics and shit in music so what do you think? are all of these people biting Esham or am I just being to senseitive, let me know your opinions

listen...as far as that is concerned....its not exactly biting because if u listen to even some tech shit i heard lines that other ppl have used..its not that they r biting or stealing..u can b giving tribute (unless u make a career on those "tributes")

yeah tech does it differantly though, I mean he'll take something Tupac said and change to make it his own...like on a tupac song it was said "I'm just another black man caught up in the mix, tryna make a dollar out of 15 cents"
    Tech said on Slacker "I'm just another black man caught up in the mix tryna take your dollar and your 15 cents"

the song "I'm a playa" uses the chorus from "Rock me Amadous"(not sure about spelling)
    "Amadous amadous oh oh amadous"
    "I'm a playa I'm a playa oh oh I'm a playa"

tech usually changes the lyrics so it's differant to what ICP does and shit

Noo not rly lol he doesn't change it..he uses the line n then has diff lyrics to follow...I'm a playa is different yes but a lot of lines I heard were the same...and its not just icp or tech or w.e u wana say...there's sooooooo many ppl doin it..I'd rather here original shit but a tribute every now n again is refreshing to the hip hop generation

he does change a lot of the lyrics....and yes a lot of people use old rock songs as sampels like Chamillionaire did with his new single "good morning" he sampled Tom Petty's Free fallin on that. But it's not just lyrics I'm talking about, also and ideas have been takin or at least people got the idea from Esham. Just like Esham probably got the idea to do horrorcore from Geto boys, they the oldes group that I know of that dabbeled in dark raps.

and you said you uses a line and adds differant lyrics to it? so it's not the exact same as the original artist wrote it? so it's changed aka differant...

Quote Originally Posted by ace hollywood
    Noo not rly lol he doesn't change it..he uses the line n then has diff lyrics to follow...I'm a playa is different yes but a lot of lines I heard were the same...and its not just icp or tech or w.e u wana say...there's sooooooo many ppl doin it..I'd rather here original shit but a tribute every now n again is refreshing to the hip hop generation

I can't say about esham neway..I only heard of esham through icp... And no its still not changing it wen u use the same line that the creator used

exept for the fact the exampels i used he didn't use the same line...i don't see how you think that he did...
    "amadous amadous oh oh amadous"
    "I'm a playa I'm a playa oh oh I'm a playa"
    that isn't the same line...

"just another black man cought up in the mix tryna make dollar out of 15 cents"
    "just another gat man cought up in the mix tryna take your dollar and your 15 cents"

again that line is DIFFERANT he took what was originally said and changed a few of the words making it his own...and changing the meaning of the line, those are the only 2 I can think of right now.

I excluded I'm a playa first of all...second... "Take" and "make" is one word difference..that's niot changin shit...according to copywright law, changing a few words to ur own isn't changin nething at all lol so idk..fuck it...this is the same fuckin debate each reply...so I'm done...one thing we agree on is that we like tech...I hope...

i love tech and this discussion wasn't supposed to be about him though...and Im not really a law man...so i could care less legally tech changed the meaning by changing a word and Im also done because like i said this wasn't supposed to be about tech lol

Ah...k...this woulda been a lot easier havin this convo on a computer so I could see wat the fuck u were talkin about..