Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Music EPs

Strange Music EPs

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Strange putting out all these EP's this year? Do you guys think they will start doing them alot more in the future? Also, I think Ces should have had 2 trailers for the EP, like Tech did. Not that it makes a huge difference, but for their first project I think alot of people would have liked to see some behind the scenes stuff. But maybe we'll get the coliseum video this week.

I like the EP route they're going. Especially after Tech said he's doing it so he can take his time and not rush the album. I don't mind it. Plus we get a little bit of new music from everyone. I agree Ces Cru should of hyped it up more. I know it's only an EP, but really it's their debut. Away from the individual mix tapes they released.

Agreed, I think if they each did 7-8 tracks on each EP, for 6.99 that's a good deal.. It doesnt break the bank, and Strange doesnt really make alot of EP's, but it costs them money to put out the music, and alot of mixtapes would break the bank sooner or later, so I think the EP route is a good way to hold the fans over til albums come out. So this new studio they just built will be put to good use next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Smile
    I like the EP route they're going. Especially after Tech said he's doing it so he can take his time and not rush the album. I don't mind it. Plus we get a little bit of new music from everyone. I agree Ces Cru should of hyped it up more. I know it's only an EP, but really it's their debut. Away from the individual mix tapes they released.

Definitely agree. As long as they have a steady flow of new music and an album that they're taking time on, everything should be good. Especially since, in all reality, Strange puts more music out than normal labels.

I agree, I don't care how much music they put out, I care about the quality. Looking forward to this Ces EP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Smile
    Definitely agree. As long as they have a steady flow of new music and an album that they're taking time on, everything should be good. Especially since, in all reality, Strange puts more music out than normal labels.

Ces Cru i don't really understand why they didn't just do an Album....it seems kind of weird that their first release under strange music is an Extended Playlist....What are they Extending from? Since they weren't out touring with Hostile Takeover i don't see why they didn't have the time to do an LP.

I don't really think they are putting out all that many EPs. I felt like Tech N9ne was due for an EP after his All 6's and 7's LP but then he dropped Welcome to Strangeland LP. So if he in fact does drop Two EP's I could see the justification right there.
    Not to mention Evil Brain Angel Heart has the same Good vs Evil Feel in the title as All 6's and 7's did.

Thrift Store Halos was a Extended Playlist for TMTYL

I assume Krizz Kaliko, and Stevie Stone should be dropping EPs here pretty soon as well. Since they both just released their LPs.

Who knows maybe there isn't any correlation between the EPs and LPs but thats my outlook on it all.

I think it's wise for Ces Cru to drop an EP before an album. Gets them more exposure and might help them sell more albums. It's a good blueprint to follow. And call Thrift Store Halos what you want but it's still considered an EP. Stevie Stone already stated he's working on his EP. And if Tech goes through with it, then he'll be dropping three EP's bak to back. It is a lot, but I agree with SRH. I care more about quality.

Well personally I think it's a good choice cause it keeps the whiney ass fans at bay (not really, they always find something to complain about), and it helps the artist take their time on an album instead of rushing out bullshit.

Agree lol

Quote Originally Posted by TK?

Well personally I think it's a good choice cause it keeps the whiney ass fans at bay (not really, they always find something to complain about), and it helps the artist take their time on an album instead of rushing out bullshit.

Don't forget about Kluster. By the end of the year, he'll have released 3 EPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief

I felt like Tech N9ne was due for an EP after his All 6's and 7's LP but then he dropped Welcome to Strangeland LP. So if he in fact does drop Two EP's I could see the justification right there.
    Not to mention Evil Brain Angel Heart has the same Good vs Evil Feel in the title as All 6's and 7's did.