Thread: Need Help

Need Help

I was on my way home from work today and my sub just shut off in the middle of a song. I was like wtf!!! So I pulled over peeped the wires as best I could and folded my back seats down and the amp was still powered on. I was thinking maybe I blew the sub but it wasnt even moving. Usually when you blow a sub it rattles and shit. But this thing is 1000 rms and I only have 800 watts going to it so it shouldnt blow anyway. I checked the rca's cause that was the only thing I could think but they were plugged in. So I got back in my car bummed the fuck out and a few minutes later it started hitting again but by the time I got home it shut off again!!!!! FUCK!!! Anyone have any idea what the hell may be causing this?

ur amp might be overheating try turning it down also check the fuse in ur amp and make sure ur wires are taped and not grounding out on anything. What kind of subs do u have? U may need a bigger amp...

I just have one 12" Alpine Type X. Its all I need. lol Its just as loud as a JL Audio W7. I have had this system for over 2 years and never had an issue. Maybe its time to get a new amp or even a deck. IDK. Might have to go get it checked out. I know all the wires are legit unless something got pinched somewhere that I cant see. I really dont feel like pullin all my wires.