Thread: would you fund TECHN9nE next album

would you fund TECHN9nE next album

there is a new craze about to catch on for 25 dollars you can fund your fav artist in return you would get some of the profits meet and greet all the time and merchandise a holland base organization have stared and beastie boys have jined on and have 50 000 so far o their next record.... fuk i would give a 200 dollars to tech for his next album so imagine if every fan gave 25 what the album would be he would gross more then 50,000 in the 1st week

I dont think tech would do that. Not cuz he wouldnt want to, it just sounds risky, or like hes tryin to fuck the fans, like pay me to do an album instead of ill do an album and if you like it you can pay me

co-sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange1914Rat
    I dont think tech would do that. Not cuz he wouldnt want to, it just sounds risky, or like hes tryin to fuck the fans, like pay me to do an album instead of ill do an album and if you like it you can pay me

yeh true but i think if it catches on and becomes successful it would be a good investment but he really wouldnt be fukn his fans in anyway because they would get meet n greets merchandise and some profits the profits come from the money that the fans have donated at the same time plus what a better way to say thankz to his fans in a way we already are paying for him to make his albums this just cuts out the other middle man in the industry but if the funds were already there he knows how much he can out lay per track and still have funds left over

Quote Originally Posted by Strange1914Rat

HELL YEA I WOULD DO THIS

Ive never been involved with the music industry so I'm not sure exactly how it all works but I am a business major and this is actually not a bad idea at all. Especially for an Indie artist like tech because he doesn't have any of the major label pressures to deal with. I don't think theres a better way to say fuck the industry as well as give back to the fans. With the way the recording industry is heading as far as file sharing goes, this idea might catch on.